Diving Gloves

xabo

what size and thickness?

XXL 3MM? Looking for something to keep hands warm & dry while washing cars during winter months.

Instead of a wet suit approach (where your skin gets wet but warms up the water between you and the glove), maybe a dry suit approach would be better?  Get a pair of those arm/shoulder length gloves and wear some knit gloves under for insulation.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Coralife_Aqua_Gloves_%28One_Pair_Shoulder_Length_Protective_Gloves%29_Protective_Gloves_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Coralife-ES09505-FIMTPG-vi.html

Cost is probably cost less and if it doesn't work, you still got gloves you can clean your tank with...

Instead of a wet suit approach (where your skin gets wet but warms up the water between you and the glove), maybe a dry suit approach would be better?  Get a pair of those arm/shoulder length gloves and wear some knit gloves under for insulation.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Coralife_Aqua_Gloves_%28One_Pair_Shoulder_Length_Protective_Gloves%29_Protective_Gloves_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Coralife-ES09505-FIMTPG-vi.html

Cost is probably cost less and if it doesn't work, you still got gloves you can clean your tank with...

A member on car detailing forum recommended trying the diving gloves.

So you're saying ​that the concept of the diving gloves is your skin gets wet but warms up the water between you and the glove?

A member on car detailing forum recommended trying the diving gloves.

So you're saying ​that the concept of the diving gloves is your skin gets wet but warms up the water between you and the glove?

Yes that is how a wetsuit works.  The worst part about diving wet is right after you take the suit off and catch a cold breeze...

Yes that is how a wetsuit works.  The worst part about diving wet is right after you take the suit off and catch a cold breeze...

May wanna' go with plan B

Diving gloves won't keep your hands dry.  Drysuit gloves would but they seal to a suit.  The way you keep your gloves warm and dry suit is what DaveS said above.  My suit has rings on it and I literally just pull over a set of chemical gloves.  This keeps them dry and a set of knit gloves underneath keep you warm.

If you want dry and warm hands, I'd get some knit liners and a set of yellow kitchen gloves.  Put them on and a rubber band (or three) around the wrist.

If you don't mind damp hands, then there are a couple dive shops in Alexandria and I think one in Vienna where you could pickup some wetsuit gloves.  The one in Fairfax closed.