Rubbermaid sump leak

gmerek2

I have a new Rubbermaid sump leaking from the plumbing. The middle bolt has Teflon tape on it and is tight so I think the outside part is leaking. Tried tightening it but I'm tearing it up. Seems cheap. Do they make replacement parts for this?

More likely than not.  Fix the leak by removing the standard Teflon tape and replace it with something thicker.  You will have to do this with both seals on the tub.  Home Depot/Lowes carry different thicknesses of tape.  It goes from white to pink to blue and so on.  Gas can tape is yellow and that's really  heavy duty.  Much cheaper and easier than purchasing replacements (which may not be necessary) or using other over sized bulkheads not meant for the tub which will not be cost effective. 

Rubbermade is hooking me up with a new one free since its brand new. All it took was an email I'm happy. I still may try an aquarium bulkhead because these did feel encredibly cheap. Look at how I tore up the outside with a pipe wrench it was falling apart with little pressure. I'll take some pictures of the cheapness once I drain this and get it apart. Thanks for the Teflon tape advice

Edited by gmerek2