My first saltwater tank, saying hi!

Hi guys, Im new to the saltwater world. Iv been in the fish hobby with freshwater for about 5 years now. I just got my first saltwater tank 28 nano cube. I got about 30 lbs of live rock and sand. Im starting the cycling now, I hope to go through the process and be ready start adding fish in a few weeks. Hope to get a lot of good info from this group and I will try to attend the next meeting.  

Thanks! If there's one thing I've learned with fish tanks is patience pays off. So I'm testing my water once a week and waiting for the spike to be over and all the levels to return to normal. Do you guys have any suggestions on helping the process?

Thats def. true here too. :) What are you levels currently? You will have a few cycles throughout. There are multiple ways that people get their bacteria established. Some people ghost feed, some add a piece of shrimp or something and some just pee in the tank. You just want to introduce ammonia to start feeding the bacteria.

Thats def. true here too. :) What are you levels currently? You will have a few cycles throughout. There are multiple ways that people get their bacteria established. Some people ghost feed, some add a piece of shrimp or something and some just pee in the tank. You just want to introduce ammonia to start feeding the bacteria.

the levels in the tank are: Salt 1.019 (I'm going to add a little more), Phosphate 0.25, Nitrate 5.0, Nitrite 0, Calcium 400, KH 89.5, PH 8.8, Ammonia 1.0. Like i said I just set everything up and started the cycle 1 day ago. does anyone have anyone have any experience with the Instant ocean Bio-spira start up? 

Edited by John-Solo

Hi and welcome! Best advice is what people have already said: take it slow! It's amazing how much your tank changes in the first months!