Shallow and Deep Build!!!

hlem

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, be careful with that. I used glue and rod on my aquascape to make sure my sea urchin and some time my hand are unable to destroy my hard work. hihihihi.

hmm.. i do plan on having an urchin... 

i do have a box of epoxy.. maybe i should epoxy the upper pieces together to give it more strength? 

Are you using this water container for RODI?

oh no. this was just for testing the water coming out. I dont have a container yet. probably will just grab a 20gallon tall or some kind square container that'll fit under the tank. 

Where's the water brah!

Look at a few post up. you can see water!  :cool:

whew, I thought you are going to use it. It will make your rodi works all the time and will exhaust filters quickly.

I'm going to try and fit the biggest container i can under the stand for ATO water. I want to be able to leave for a week or two without refilling. 

Where's the water brah!

Look at the container 2 posts up. There's water in there!  :cool:

Look at the container 2 posts up. There's water in there!  :cool:

That doesnt count.  :rolleyes:

I'm going to try and fit the biggest container i can under the stand for ATO water. I want to be able to leave for a week or two without refilling. 

You could see if anyone has any scrap acrylic laying around and make your own.

You could see if anyone has any scrap acrylic laying around and make your own.

I might hit up IC for scraps too, but then I dont really know what to do after. I dont have the bonding solution for it. 

I might hit up IC for scraps too, but then I dont really know what to do after. I dont have the bonding solution for it. 

I thought about it because I have a weird area for mine.

(edited)

Sump in! 20 gallon tank on the right side for ATO water. anyone got a cover for it?

Hose on the left is the drain.

IMG_1664.JPG

Edited by hlem

are you not worried about evaporation getting up into your electronics? Or them falling out into your sump/mixing container? Cool trap-door idea, but makes me nervous for you.

are you not worried about evaporation getting up into your electronics? Or them falling out into your sump/mixing container? Cool trap-door idea, but makes me nervous for you.

I am very nervous actually, i'm still trying to find a way to seal it off from moisture. as it falling into the sump.. thought about it too, I have about 6-7 screws and the lock is pretty strong, i'm going to add some kind of spring as a back up just incase. 

I am very nervous actually, i'm still trying to find a way to seal it off from moisture. as it falling into the sump.. thought about it too, I have about 6-7 screws and the lock is pretty strong, i'm going to add some kind of spring as a back up just incase. 

It's an awesome concept, but I'm glad you're thinking about it as well. What happened to your thread about buying an electrical box, did you move past that idea? Something that you could bracket to the studs would be great, just to cover it up. I presume you built your stand, so you have the tools and resources to build a basic box? I think Yauger had an Apex he sold a while ago with a pretty solid box he built.