Shallow and Deep Build!!!

hlem

It's an awesome concept, but I'm glad you're thinking about it as well. What happened to your thread about buying an electrical box, did you move past that idea? Something that you could bracket to the studs would be great, just to cover it up. I presume you built your stand, so you have the tools and resources to build a basic box? I think Yauger had an Apex he sold a while ago with a pretty solid box he built.

Yeah, i abandoned the box idea. would end up too bulky. i didnt build the stand, it came with the tank. I did redo it a little (make the legs shorter) and repaint, but nothing more. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you are lucky to get a lid for the 20g ato tank. How is the tank? is it full yet?

its at 95% full. i'm going to keep it here and start cycling without the skimmer/sump for now. Just got some pond sheet last night and will be water proofing the sump area. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So it's been about 3 weeks since I moved pretty much all of my corals and fish over.

Fish from old system:

2 hippos - been together since they're 1/2" for 2 years.

white faced tang - a very rare tang I bought 2 years ago as well. 

3 clowns, 2+ years old as well. Midnight, b/w snowflakes, and platinum.

spotted Mandarin pair.

Added a school of 10 purple reef chromis in last night and they are already swimming and eating openly.

Added a Cuban Hogfish, very cool looking guy and that's shy but eating well.

Planning to add more fish in weekly or biweekly, depending on how they do in QT. 

Edited by hlem

(edited)

Skimmer finally broke in. after 3-4 weeks,

2-3 days of skimming - and i'm skimming very dry

IMG_2050.JPG

Edited by hlem

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's time for an update :tongue:

hey sorry, been busy with starting a new job and all. havent done much, more algae are coming and going, especially bubble algae for some reason. got a few fish that i failed my QT process, ended up losing a few.  other than that, everything else seems okay. havent looked at my tank for more than 2 minutes at feeding time in the last few days. hopefully this weekend i'll get a chance to do more. and when i had sometime (yesterday), help my buddy sell his set up.