Help ID these red/orange bugs

eddiev0008

I see some red orange small bugs on my glass and some on my frag rack anyone know what they are and how I can get rid of them? Please any suggestions would be great 033be47e4ee340a72023d84423e45095.jpg274cf864f1b8a63175e55b93146de31e.jpg8e4f6c0f4cfa82afd7c4f138c70797df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are flatworms but I can't tell from the pics if they are red planaria. Also research a product called Flatworm Exit. Some wrasses will help to control them but will never fully wipe them out. 

Question:

Did you add something new to your tank that bought them in? any ideas how you got them?
just curious..

Richie

Once they are removed, make sure you dip all new corals and rock to prevent them from showing up in your display tank again. Search this site for many threads covering the techniques of proper dipping.

Question:

Did you add something new to your tank that bought them in? any ideas how you got them?

just curious..

Richie

I purchased all my coral from fellow Wamas members I got them all at once within 3 weeks apart nothing new but they been there a month when I first noticed them

I purchased all my coral from fellow Wamas members I got them all at once within 3 weeks apart nothing new but they been there a month when I first noticed them

You bought Live rock from someone as well and from what I remember youve seen several critters since then. Have you figured out what your plan on getting rid of these is?

You could always use your new nano to hold corals or as a qt tank to help with your dipping process. If you use flatworm exit just know if too many die at once you could end up

having to deal with alot of toxins they release when killed. Heres a good read

http://www.melevsreef.com/node/651

Well as what I can see there are not to many in my tank well that I can see! As for the nano I'm still looking for a stand for it :( someone was going to sell me a biocube stand but he backed out the last min. So I need a small nano stand to get it started

Well as what I can see there are not to many in my tank well that I can see! As for the nano I'm still looking for a stand for it :( someone was going to sell me a biocube stand but he backed out the last min. So I need a small nano stand to get it started

For around $100 you can get a biocube stand on Amazon Prime shipped in 2 days to your door.

I wouldn't worry about them if they are not hurting anything. Just make sure you have a good dipping process for future additions, you may not get so lucky.