SPS bubbling up

gmerek2

My SPS blistered up about 4 weeks ago. It's going away thank goodness. Anyone have this happen? c5cde19582845875de1d6764bf3712ec.jpg2e9c5c2f8bc52e6891524b509a5b1d07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have seen this on a few pieces.  Most notably, on my rainbow stylo which has bubbled spots almost constantly (I think this is a reproduction mechanism though).   

Although, I have never seen it on my green birdsnest which is what this piece appears to be.   

Maybe it's a tumor

"IT'S NOT A TUMOR!"

That being said, I've seen this happen on chalice.

Wow thanks J! I had added new T5 lights. And also my calcium dropped below 300 oops! Lesson learned. So I think I stressed the SPS a little or gave them 2nd degree burns with the new lights. I turned them down after I noticed the loose skin and slowly dosed up the calcium to normal. I still see some of the larger blisters but from what I read online if will slowly get better as long as the problem is fixed.

Any time! I'm doing daddy daycare next 2 days so I'll be at the house sat/sun. Frags are kind of crammed in right now. And messy since this is a temporary setup until my larger tank is ready. I do dose 2 part. Alk is dosed through doser and calcium manually. I didn't want an extra dosing system laying out next to this temporary system but looks like I need to setup the calcium doser now.

It looks like a tumor.  :tongue:  This happens in the wild fairly often. Research has shown that they are caused by environmental changes in conditions. In the wild this can be from a storm which causes a combination of environmental stresses coupled with an injury inflicted on the corals, which are possible stimuli that initiate the development of these abnormal growth through either bacterial attack or the development of an aberrant polyp during tissue repair.

8b36aace3d7f82ceb2085292e86a671b.jpg

This was pic 1. As you can see there is nothing but scarring left. (4 weeks later) everything on the internet said general stress and check big 3. But no follow up. There are still a couple bubbles/blemishes but very few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk