what eats red hair algae

Charlie97L

Get Ultra Life Reef Products Red Slime Remover, you can get it from just about anywhere, the stuff works great and fast.

Eric

Get Ultra Life Reef Products Red Slime Remover, you can get it from just about anywhere, the stuff works great and fast.

I think we're talking about *hair* algae here, not cyano...

Guest alex wlazlak

isnt RED hair algea the same as cyno? i know green isnt like the red stuff cause green poped up when i first started, and my yellow tang got all of it... i used that red slime remover and it hasent worked all that well. i just dosed my second time today and i hope to see beter results. from the first time, my capnella and xenia werent fully extended for a few days. you can kinda see the cyno loosing form. its stillt there but not really spreading. we'll see what happens next i guess. hey deepblue,did your skimmer produce alot of micro bubbles? mine did and i had to empty the cup 2-3 times a day..

Alex, cyano, or cyanobacteria, is a red-slime looking algae that usually crops up on the sand in areas of low water flow. It can also grow on rocks or anything else though, and often has large bubbles trapped in it. You can siphon cyano up pretty easily.

Red hair algae is a generic term for any red fimamentous algae. RHA attaches to your rock or sand, or even bare coral skeleton, and is a PITA to eliminate.

Happy reefing,

Jon

Guest alex wlazlak

oh, alright. my cyno was weard, like it formed a "mouth" where it looks like water could have gone through and stuff. i syphond out alot that was on the bottome of my tank, but the stuff on the rocks is a little bit toughfer..

Yes my skimmer went crazy for about 2 cups and than went back to normal. When I used it last, it even killed it in my sump too.

Eric