Are Phoenix 250w 14,000k Double Ended bulbs no longer available?

TonyInVa

Are Phoenix 250w 14,000k Double Ended bulbs no longer available? The website I was getting them from says they are not, as well as others. What will give me the same color and PAR?

I received the following note from SOSLightbulbs.com

"It looks like they have been discontinued due to the rising popularity of LED lighting systems. I hope this is helpful."

In looking at Sanjay's Reef Lighting Guide (http://www.manhattanreefs.com/lighting), you might be able to find a peer that has similar PAR and color qualities.

I know for sure the Radium 20k SE bulbs are very close.  The problem is that the are SE and not DE bulbs.

I loved the Phoenix 14K bulbs and ran them for years..  I have now switched to the Radiums.

Good luck,

Bruce

Are Phoenix 250w 14,000k Double Ended bulbs no longer available? The website I was getting them from says they are not, as well as others. What will give me the same color and PAR?

From what I remember, the closest I've seen is the Coralvue Reeflux 12K for DE bulbs on an electronic ballast.  I think it was around 2008-2009 when I ran them.  I preferred the Radium on M80 ballasts but you may also want to look into the switchable electronic HQI ballasts.