New house soon

Keraxis

Well I am officially looking to buy a house.  what should I do with my tank?  Anyone willing to hold my livestock for me while I get settled and set back up.  No time table yet but closer to the end of summer.  Good news about my time table.... I can actually shop at Macna now.

Edited by Keraxis

Sell it all and collect again when you're ready. Not worth putting the burden on a friend, and then having to go back and forth again. I'm of the belief that if you can move without having to worry about a tank, it is that much easier. Just my 2c. 

I want to sell off and start over but my daughter would be heart broken.  We always tell her pets are family so  its a hard sell.  Maybe ill put most my stuff in swap and get a piece back later.  Guess we will see if anyone is willing to hold my stuff first

I'm sure somebody will! Fwiw I've been running a make shift tank in a sump, and it's been surprisingly low maintenance, always an option to buy a 40 breeder and do a throw together. Oh, and congrats on the new upcoming place!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if there will be much overlap in your housing... But you could set up a temp tank and if not moving really far move the things you must keep?

When I moved in town last time that's what I ended up doing... I was at the new place everyday painting and getting bits of things moved over before the big full move...

I may end up in the same situation here this summer as well. The wife is getting the itch to move closer to Tyson’s… Don’t ask me why. I really don’t want to sell everything off, unless of course the new place has a perfect spot for a bigger tank J. I’m bringing my tape measure with me when we go look at open houses today.

Really depends on how big your tank is, IMO.  If you decide to move it, it's very stressful.  I wouldn't move it to a friends and move it again.  And by stressful I mean both to you and the livestock.

I moved my 90G 3 years ago when we moved without any losses but it was a massive task. I had enough 5 gallon buckets full of pre mixed salt water to refill my 90 gallon and about 6-8 large plastic totes that when full of live rock or water I could just barely lift. I also had about 4 different people and rented a moving van large enough to move it all.

I was able to get I to my new house to move it all in ahead of time, which was the only way it was possible since I could have never done it the day I was moving the rest of my stuff.

So it is possible but is really a Herculean task, but it can be done with a whole lot of planning, lots of help, and a bit of luck.

I don't know if there will be much overlap in your housing... But you could set up a temp tank and if not moving really far move the things you must keep?

When I moved in town last time that's what I ended up doing... I was at the new place everyday painting and getting bits of things moved over before the big full move...

The wife told me I can get my big tank and upgrade when we move in.  If the timing works out thats what I will do... It all depends what this whole thing costs me also. Anyone got any starfire tanks laying around.