Hanging ATI 24" Fixture

tpallas

I just picked up a 24" ATI Powermodule and it is heavy - around 15 lbs. My setup currently uses bent conduit tubing to hold up the AI Sol which doesnt weigh nearly as much. The ceiling in my apartment is the concrete so hanging is out. I'm concerned about the conduit holding that much weight.

Any ideas? Furthermore being a dropoff tank it will be mounted sideways, so needs to hang off a single pole/bracket.

Pic to follow

Thanks!

I used drywall anchors and and mounted a couple brackets to the walls. If I remember correctly, each anchor was good for either 16 or 19lbs (3 per bracket). This held my Photon24 (12lbs) shortly after this pic was taken.

You could also rotohammer into the contrete and drop small anchors in there that would hold the weight no problem. The holes are super simple to cover and paint when you leave but most places wouldnt hold it against you if you left them anyways.

IMAG0441_zps83ace58e.jpg

IMAG0486_zpse9b4e1a1.jpg

Edited by madweazl

Dude, drill the concrete, it will be easier to patch 2 screw sized holes vs the drywall, plus it will be solid, AND extra sexy and clean.

I agree with drilling the concrete but not so much on the sexy part, I think the long hanging fixtures are an eyesore.

16413d9ef2bdb3003ea23dff0689a6b3.jpg

I fail to see how two smaller than dime sized cylinders hanging a fixture with thin metal cabling is an eyesore, but bracketing arms to a wall and hanging them over a tank isn't? Or metal conduit isn't either?

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Just gives you the ability to create a fascia to draw the ques from the stand above the tank without dropping a canopy on your purdy rimless tank. The brackets in the pic I posted were boring but there are very nice looking units (or ones that pretty much disappear altogether). I just dont care for 5' cables hanging from the ceiling (different strokes like you stated).

The ati units bracket up with only 2 cables. My 60" fixture was 60lbs give or take (pictured above.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isaac did you mount in concrete? Not sure how go about doing tuay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. You can find a short and sweet post about it in my build thread, or in a separate thread I made, can't remember. I can always swing by and drill if you get the screws and bit.

Lol, yes, used a hammer drill. I can swing by and give you a hand. Get that structure done right.

Defntly would not use any type of anchor to the drywall. Bolt wood board to the studs and then metal l brace 10x in the center. Might be overkill but its one thing less to worry about. I have two 2080 (42ibs) supported this way.

Edited by ReeferMadness