Surprisingly happy with Petland

emissary

There's something about puppies in little glass boxes that sketches me out, but if you can get past that Petland is a pretty great LFS as far as I can tell.

I've been there several times in the last year or so and have found the staff CONSISTENTLY knowledgable and helpful.  Was there today to pick up a few boxes of IO and the person helping me didn't know the protocol (they're heavy, and she was probably going to struggle with it quite a bit).  No trouble - she got help and wheeled the boxes to the curb where I could easily load them into my car.  Problem solved.  Haven't bought corals there but have inverts & fish... and supplies of course, and it's always worked out well.

My experience is consistent with yours, once you get past the prison, there is a great fish and coral section.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Little birds tweeting at the meeting yesterday told me that Petland is nixing it's coral selection.  Has anyone been their recently to confirm?  I've heard they still haven inventory but they're selling it down, and once it's gone it's gone.  Also heard the awesome display tank is either emptied or just torn down.

I went the other day... Didn't realize the coral section closed an hour before the store did so it was dark.  The display tanks are both empty.  Might explain the 50 percent off all colony sale they sent out.  Hate to see another vendor go.