Tank drilling

madweazl

My tank will be arriving this week and I'd like to get return holes drilled; is there a local shop that is recommended near Woodbridge? I have no idea whether or not it is tempered (purchased in Japan while we were there) but I'm sure they'll be able to tell me.

You'll need to find out if it's tempered or not before anything can be done (unless you like gambling).  If it's not tempered, it's easy enough to do yourself, or maybe you could bring it over another member's place to have them help you.  It's very easy, however there are very few (if any) local stores that will drill it for you given the risk.

I don't think any shop will drill for you due to liability. 

here is a great video that show you how to determine whether the tank is tempered or not. And drill it yourself!

(edited)

I don't think any shop will drill for you due to liability. 

here is a great video that show you how to determine whether the tank is tempered or not. And drill it yourself!

Excellent, simple enough. I'm capable of doing the drilling without issue, just didnt know how to check the glass and figured a good glass shop could tell right away.

Edited by madweazl

Try Reston Glass don't know what they charge will but do not assume liability of breakage how big is tank if you can bring it in cheaper than if they have to come to you and drill they are in the same shopping center where Marine Scene is right on sunset hills

Edited by Cheshireboxers

If it's not tempered, drill away, easy as pie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(edited)

Ordered the bit, bulkheads, overflow, and drill guide. Hopefully all our stuff arrives this week and more importantly, it isnt tempered.

Edited by madweazl