Playing with my new macro lens

bqq100

Got a Tamron 90mm macro lens for x-mas and finally decided to give it a quick try, here are a couple of the better shots.  Handheld on a D7000 @ f/8 and 6400 ISO, quick tweaks on an older verion of CameraRAW.

Next time I'll bust out the tripod and shoot at f/11 and also try some top down shots.  Oh and maybe try stocking my tank with some more interesting subjects!  :rollface:

DSC_1687.jpg

DSC_1691.jpg

DSC_1692.jpg

DSC_1695.jpg

DSC_1698.jpg

Sweet shots, nice lens!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

The tripod will help a ton, not that you need it though =P Very nice photos!

Thanks, with the super high ISO i was able to keep things relatively sharp while handholding.  Hoping the tripod will let me shoot with some more DOF without being a shaky mess!

Cool coral with that cleaner shrimp, what is it?

Darth Maul Porites from piper.  It's kept it's color but really hasn't grown in the last year.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/61267-rare-darth-maul-porites-fs-at-meeting-or-local-pickup/

question for bbq...

are you able to get your lens open to 2.8 at 1:1? i have heard that 2.8 is only from ~10' to infinity and not close up. At that point, it jumps down to 5.6 ish or something....would love to get your thoughts. do you have the DI or non-di?

question for bbq...

are you able to get your lens open to 2.8 at 1:1? i have heard that 2.8 is only from ~10' to infinity and not close up. At that point, it jumps down to 5.6 ish or something....would love to get your thoughts. do you have the DI or non-di?

I too would like more info on the lens...can you provide a little more details of the exact lens?  

question for bbq...

I have the DI version without VC.  I just tested it and you are right, at 1:1 it's f/5.6, and about 12 feet to get 2.8.  I hadn't noticed that before, but isn't really a big deal for me.  I'll mainly be using this for 1:1 or near 1:1 shooting where the DOF is so shallow I wouldn't want to shoot at less than f/8 anyway.  Having only taken a handful of shots with the lens, I'm quite happy with it so far.

I too would like more info on the lens...can you provide a little more details of the exact lens?  

Here is the exact lens, although mine was bought used so I didn't feel as bad about the price tag on a lens I won't use a ton

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-AF-90mm-2-8-Di/dp/B00021EE4U

• 7 months later...