Fish for nooks and crannies??

Reefer_Madness

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are cool; do they come out of the rock much?

Not really. They sort of pick an area, usually around 4-6 inches and stay there. They do not like venturing out for food, if they feel it is too far away, they will not go after it.

My rockwork is a pile of smaller and medium sized rocks and its full of nooks and crannies, caves and tunnels. My Purple Dottyback darts in and out the rock work all day 

Not sure if these have popped up yet in this topic, but if you have enough pods, a ruby red dragonet (or pair, if you can support them) would be a really neat addition. Mine spends all day shuffling from rock to rock picking at pods. A bunch of places sell them now, but the male I got from Tropical Lagoon is super healthy and was very reasonably priced.

Not sure if these have popped up yet in this topic, but if you have enough pods, a ruby red dragonet (or pair, if you can support them) would be a really neat addition. Mine spends all day shuffling from rock to rock picking at pods. A bunch of places sell them now, but the male I got from Tropical Lagoon is super healthy and was very reasonably priced.

Not enough pods yet. Someday I do want a dragnet, but it's too soon for my tank. Half of my live rock is from my old tank with pods, but the rest was dry so no pods.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Picking up a pair of assessors tomorrow from Quantum Reefs. I'm very excited!! The yellow should add some good color to the tank!!

Current list

Bar goby/dartfish

McCoskers Wrasse

Bicolor blenny

Royal Gramma

False perc

Foxface one spot

I'm also picking up a vermiculate leopard wrasse. I asked Steve to hold it for a week to be sure she was healthy and eating.

Edited by Reefer_Madness

My Royal Gramma turnned into a killer. He was pretty low key but now hes on a mission i think to rid my tank of all other inhabitants. So far i lost my lawnmower blenny, Jawfish, and randall Goby. He was so docile for about two years. If i had the time to tear my tank down to catch him i would. I hope you have a better experience with yours

This guy, I forgot what it is.

2015-01-29%2018.57.14_zps9rqlf7sx.jpg

And the possum wrasse, I have a video but it is not allowing me to post it

That pic looks like the Linespot Flasher, but I am no expert.

f8d92e8f794aae5105ea90f33b0d0272.jpg

Looks good to me.  I will call it a linespot flasher, the guy in the store said it was a wrasse.  I really don't care so I am not going to look into it.  Thanks, linespot it is