Gauge wire on 8x80 sunpower fixture?

YHSublime

I'm getting ready to mount an ATI 8x80 Sunpower to my ceiling. The fixture has the wire connected to form the triangle with the gripper threaded to it, in which becomes the connection point for the wire to the ceiling.

It weighs 50lbs

I'm getting ready order some toggle bolts and canopy plates, but need to know the gauge of the wire before I do so. I know this is a shot in the dark, but I would hate to have everything show up and not have the right size cable! I read a review on this kit through BRS, and the reviewer says that the cable size is not sold at HD or Lowes...

Yea Its not available at those stores. I had to take the old wire out and used the radion hanging kits.

I'm gonna try 1/16th and 3/32 cable and hope one of those measurements fits the gripper attached. Not looking to spend $80 just to hang this thing.

It's definitely not 1/16th if it's the same as mine was and they didn't have 3/32. I was kinda confused but mine is also a power module so I'm not sure if it was some kinda metric size I'm not sure if the sun power is different.

Shot in the dark, but try Michaels or another art supply store as that stuff is basically picture frame hanging wire and they might have a better selection

It's definitely not 1/16th if it's the same as mine was and they didn't have 3/32. I was kinda confused but mine is also a power module so I'm not sure if it was some kinda metric size I'm not sure if the sun power is different.

Even if it's larger (the holder) the 1/16th will still slip through and once I find out what it's rated for, hold. My concern is that the 3/32 will be too large.

Shot in the dark, but try Michaels or another art supply store as that stuff is basically picture frame hanging wire and they might have a better selection

Yeah, shot in the dark. I really just want to find out what the thickness of the wire is, so I can order the appropriate size. I'm not going through ATI or any of their hanging kits, which is the problem.

Also typically you should be describing the wire gauge in AWG (as in 16 AWG or 18 AWG) not 3/32" or 1/16".

Good to know, not seen that. Do you know the AWG?

Good to know, not seen that. Do you know the AWG?

It's more of an electrical term, but it's basically the same. I have no idea on the wires your looking for though. Wish I could be more help. Can't you just bring the "gripper" to the store with you and see what fits best?

It's more of an electrical term, but it's basically the same. I have no idea on the wires your looking for though. Wish I could be more help. Can't you just bring the "gripper" to the store with you and see what fits best?

So I'm ordering online, and said gripper won't be here first.

Yea it's AWG when referring to electrical wire this is the steel braided wire for hanging a fixture so he was correct it should be in fractions.

It's brake line from a bicycle gauge. haha. Sorry that's not very technical.

I'm going to take the gripper to a bike store today, see if it fits....

It will

Your optimism is encouraging! I will be rejuvenated if and when it does, that much closer to finishing a setup that is becoming more of a chore than a fun hobby.