Stunning Ruby Red Dragonet

Orion

Picked up this little guy earlier this week from monkiboy/ERC. Immediately started cruising for pods when I put him in the tank. The colors on him are even better in person than what the picture shows.

54993ae66c1ea98031fc4d9848ad2dd9.jpg

same care requirements as the green mandarin?

Yes. Must have pods in your tank in order to live.

That's really amazing that ERC can QT that fish. Pods don't live In QT tanks so it must be eating Frozen

Monkiboy was feeding her live baby brine during QT. A lot of work for just one fish that's for sure!

thanks for the respones and interest in these guys. i don't do a lot of dragonets in general because of the overwhelming work on top of the regular effort involved in our unmatched, personal, and comprehensive protocol. the biggest, as hinted at, is water quality and maintaining it high during near constant feeding. all of these will snack on thinly ground LRS but customers should definitely have a stable system with sufficient time set up that can sustain the specimen with pods as their natural diet.

It is a lot of work, but just again shows you the dedication ERC has to get us the best product around. FWIW i trained my mandarin to eat blackworms. He goes nuts watching them squirm right in front of him.

:angry:  :ph34r:  :angry: FWIW i trained my mandarin to eat blackworms. He goes nuts watching them squirm right in front of him. Sounds like the Police down south.

My mandarins eat blackworms as well. IF anything falls near them and then there is this long deliberation and thinking before they will pounce on it. Its kinda fun to watch.