Acrylic maker help for an overflow weir?

burton2090

Greetings WAMAS,

wondering if anyone in the local area would be able to build a custom overflow weir box for me.  I have a center overflow (14" x 6 5/16") in my rimless cube but it tops out 2.25" below the top euro bracing.  As you know the water level can only go as high as the top of the overflow so the water level in my tank would be 2.25" below the top of the tank.  To remedy this I would like to add a weir box (with cover) over the top of the overflow box raising the water level by one inch and then have one inch teeth.  I would want it to sit on top of the existing overflow walls with some bracing along the inside side walls.  I would like the material to be black acrylic.  The existing overflow is tempered acrylic glass 3/16" thick.

As an aside, Rob (zygote2k) has been an enormous help with my initial build and plumbing and I would recommend his services to anyone.  Rob's professionalism and love for the hobby make him a true gem to the local community.

I have a 165-gallon cube and I'll start a build thread in the coming weeks.  Looking forward to meeting some of you at the next meeting.

Nick

Welcome!

Nick...you seem nice...

You called Rob a GEM, hahahahahaha

He is very professional and a wealth of knowledge...but a gem.....

(P.s. Rob...you know I almost like you)

Don't poke the bear.

I'll settle for Diamond in the Rough.

*clap, clap, clap, clap*

Ive seen the work at artfully acrylic.... its pretty top notch.  I think he was finishing a 750 gallon tank while I was there... plus you get to play with the dogs