Wow just when everything turns around a leak happens...

GraffitiSpotCorals

Thanks for asking, and thanks for trying to help! Its hard to break things down so fast when you don't have friends to help but your offer to help with the tank situation eased my mind during the process, knowing I had a back up. Thanks!

Ok, I got a used tank and set it up, moving corals back over today after work.

I think maybe adding another bottom to the tank will fix it. I will probly do that and hope somebody wants to buy a shallow tank setup. Not sure if I can just add it to the old bottom Or if it needs to be cut out.

I would think you would want to add it, cutting it out will just weaken the rest of the joints. I know there is an issue with adhesion for older acrylic that has been in saltwater. You may also be able to drill it out to get rid of the cracks. Talk to Adam....Not that he does this type of repair work, but he should know.

I would think you would want to add it, cutting it out will just weaken the rest of the joints. I know there is an issue with adhesion for older acrylic that has been in saltwater. You may also be able to drill it out to get rid of the cracks. Talk to Adam....Not that he does this type of repair work, but he should know.

Yeah, talk to Adam. Be aware that sometimes old acrylic that's been exposed to salt water will craze a bit when exposed to solvents (like Weldon 4, for example). He can probably tell you what to expect should you decide to laminate a new sheet or a patch across the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW, That is terrible. I hope you plans to laminate go through! I noticed you said you had a RK. I recently got an APEX gold. I'm in love with it, just a suggestion! If you need an extra hand I might be able to get over there on a Wednesday or Thursday.