Brad's Rimless. MAME. NanoBox. Synergy. Aquarium

brad908

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the move going?

We went to Tahoe this weekend to avoid packing...

Get the keys on the 24th, movers coming the 25th.

(edited)

Tank move is going down on Thursday. We will be getting the keys around 5:30, once that is complete, I will start the new wood wall. Once I have enough done, the tank will be moving in.

I hope to have this tank back up 100% on Thursday by 11pm.

Corals will start being added next weekend.

Edited by brad908

Good luck. Dreading my move over.

Are you hiring movers or doing it all yourself?

Luckily we have movers coming Saturday to pack, move, and unpack. But still sucks having to put everything away and worry about them breaking things

Are you hiring movers or doing it all yourself?

Luckily we have movers coming Saturday to pack, move, and unpack. But still sucks having to put everything away and worry about them breaking things

Nearly done, no hiring, just friends and trucks and lots of lifting. Good thing we don't have a lot of stuff! I'm moving my tank over this weekend.

Moving this 30 gallon beast is gonna be rough tonight

Try a 300g and a 180g.......We use 30 gallon tanks for soup bowls.  Albeit they are rather large soup bowls. :happy:

Good luck, how many guys do you need to move it? Can you find any suction cups? :laugh:

All plans thrown out the window. Decided against doing another wood wall. Might make a new stand for the 18" cube and sump it.

Who knows. We will see this weekend.

All plans thrown out the window. Decided against doing another wood wall. Might make a new stand for the 18" cube and sump it.

Who knows. We will see this weekend.

Set the tank up 3' away from the wall, or on another wall temporarily so you can build the wood wall, it was really cool. Then move the tank later.

Set the tank up 3' away from the wall, or on another wall temporarily so you can build the wood wall, it was really cool. Then move the tank later.

We think the wood wall make the room feel smaller. It is about the same size as our current living room, but not an open concept. It does have 2 large windows and a sliding door, so it allows a good amount of light in, but idk

Also has like 20 foot ceilings.

We think the wood wall make the room feel smaller. It is about the same size as our current living room, but not an open concept. It does have 2 large windows and a sliding door, so it allows a good amount of light in, but idk

Also has like 20 foot ceilings.

Which wall were you going to do?

Fireplace/ two window wall?

Sliding glass door wall?

Big wall opposite sliding glass door wall?

Where was the tank going ? I thought the fireplace / two window wall?

The wood wall was going to go on the wall with the sliding door, which is the high ceiling side. Tank is going on that wall too, decided not to block a window.

Excellent call.

Would look pretty dope tho with the sun coming into the tank. I was gonna take off the frosted back

The wood wall was going to go on the wall with the sliding door, which is the high ceiling side. Tank is going on that wall too, decided not to block a window.

Why don't you put wood on the opposite wall? It also looks smaller (can't see the entire picture, but at least by height and it does not have so many things to work around- doors openings)

Tank was moved on Sunday.

I ended up putting it catty-corner. I have now moved the MAME to the back left corner and finally put the mp10's in. Moving the plumbing around a little actually made the sump area a little cleaner looking.

Going to start moving corals this weekend. I think I have stuff coming from ERC end of this week or sometime next week too

All corals are in the new tank. Can't get the Midas Blenny out of it's hiding spot. I can take the rock out of water and just state at it inside it's hiding spot lol.

FF4F589E-7AF8-4E85-B662-88672B8726F5_zps

Nice light!  Phoenix or Radium?

Is that a geissman MH/T5 fixture I spy?

Haven't received it yet. But it is an Ocean light Plus with 150w halide, 2 24w t5, and 2 NanoBox 13up led pucks.

Halide - 10k (will ask what brand)

T5 - ATI blue plus and ATI purple plus

Coming from Rehype. Sure some people have heard of him. Ecotech just sent him a light to test out, so he was selling this one.