Marine Magic aquarium dosing pump - Triple

Crob5965

has anyone ever heard of these? I was digging around on Ebay for some loc line parts and came across these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281368424062&ssPageName=ADME:X:BOCOR:US:1123

they look small and sleek and very affordable, but seems too good to be true, not sure if it's worth taking a gamble on, I have never owned a dosing system so I dont really know what i'm looking for.

The one you link to looks like a decent unit for $129.  It is a nice feature to have the electronic controls with the dosing pumps.  If you are electronically inclined you could go much cheaper with a $25 arduino mega that would handle up to 50 dosing pumps.  Then some short program sketches would allow all the flexibility of this pump plus a lot more.   The dosing pumps themselves look like the kind that are available on ebay for less than $10 each.

So in short I think if you just want 3 dosing pumps and easy controls this is a good deal, and would be the right setup for most people.  If you decide to get much more in pump quantity, size and complication (and have programming skills) then the arduino mega would get things done cheaper.  

I have the marine color 3 head dosing pump. So far so good. Make sure the one you get, you can calibrate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cool, I just saw another thread talking about them and ERC is offering them for $99 which you really cant beat, I have absolutley zero experience with auto dosing pumps, so unless it's somehow worse than remembering to manually pour cap fulls of alc and cal in my sump every night, I have a feeling i'm going to be happy

thanks for the response

cool, I just saw another thread talking about them and ERC is offering them for $99 which you really cant beat, I have absolutley zero experience with auto dosing pumps, so unless it's somehow worse than remembering to manually pour cap fulls of alc and cal in my sump every night, I have a feeling i'm going to be happy

thanks for the response

Where is the link to GB

Where is the link to GB

I had no idea there was a thread I just PM'd Richard, I believe he ordered extra if you didnt make the cut off and were still interested.