How to kill mushrooms

Neto

I have these small red mushrooms that have reproduced everywhere and even If I kill them with a razor blade, most of the times they come back.

Anyone have another method?

Give them to me? ;)

When I've wanted to move my mushrooms I take my bone cutters (you can borrow them if you need them) and I cut the rock under the foot. This way you don't leave behind any of the mushroom and do less trauma to the mushroom.

You cant't!  Period. End of discussion.

I tried to kill them using every method from injecting them with crazy glue to kalk paste.  It can not be done.  I finally tore my entire tank down, pulled every rock out of the tank and pressure washed them all in my drive way.  They are all gone now.  Every last one of them.

That was about 8 months ago.  My tank is nearly back to normal.

See these two threads for details.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/61748-piles-of-very-large-sps-corals-for-sale-at-give-away-prices/

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/46635-bruces-bbyatv-new-150/

Good luck with your efforts.

Bruce

I remember seeing Bruce's tank before he took the rock out. Those blue mushrooms were ALL over the place. It was for this reason that I didn't let any mushrooms into my 150. I also made a point of spending 3 months trying to eradicate pink and gold palys. I used epoxy to cover them, lots of it.

Trade them in to us. Don't kill anything!!!

Jesus, mine are everywhere too, specially the red ones.. Even below frag plugs... There is no way I can trade them in unless I remove all my live rock lol..

Give them to me? ;)

When I've wanted to move my mushrooms I take my bone cutters (you can borrow them if you need them) and I cut the rock under the foot. This way you don't leave behind any of the mushroom and do less trauma to the mushroom.

Pants, I will try to razor some if I can since you are close to me.

You cant't!  Period. End of discussion.

I tried to kill them using every method from injecting them with crazy glue to kalk paste.  It can not be done.  I finally tore my entire tank down, pulled every rock out of the tank and pressure washed them all in my drive way.  They are all gone now.  Every last one of them.

That was about 8 months ago.  My tank is nearly back to normal.

See these two threads for details.

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/61748-piles-of-very-large-sps-corals-for-sale-at-give-away-prices/

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/46635-bruces-bbyatv-new-150/

Good luck with your efforts.

Bruce

ouch that sucks, I hope I dont have to go that route!

I remember seeing Bruce's tank before he took the rock out. Those blue mushrooms were ALL over the place. It was for this reason that I didn't let any mushrooms into my 150. I also made a point of spending 3 months trying to eradicate pink and gold palys. I used epoxy to cover them, lots of it.

Did the epoxy worked for you? What color where your mushrooms?

Did the epoxy worked for you? What color where your mushrooms?

Blue, but I didn't use the epoxy for them, I used it for the palys. Good luck whatever you go with.

I got tons of mushrooms, especially green ones. I recently reduced their numbers by covering them with a small rock thick enough to block light. They would then try to reach out from under the rock toward light and I had to re-position the rock to keep them covered. After several days they were shriveled and ready to detach from the rock. I plucked them off easily. I gave them away free to members. The key of course is too not let them multiply beyond the point of control.

I remember those days where Isaac would use many sticks of epoxy.  Is that what it was all for?

I remember those days where Isaac would use many sticks of epoxy. Is that what it was all for?

I still do, I just don't write about it anymore. Used a tube last night!