Moray - the lovely pet.

I'm pretty sure it ate her face, that's why the video cut when it did. Reminds me of the guy who lost his finger feeding the moray hot dogs, and they stitched his toe on his finger, something bizarre like that. Either way, seems like someone's not learning from someone else's experiences!

• 7 months later...

I remember when we were living in Hawaii in the late '80s, we were told about a pair of morays at least that size that lived 60 feet or so down in a particular spot at Molokini crater. At the time, Molokini was rated as one of the top ten spots in the world for both snorkeling and diving. Anyway, these two were so well known that all the local dive shops had them named - one was Garbonzo, I can't remember the other one's name. They said these guys were so old they only had like two teeth and probably would have long ago starved to death if the divers weren't feeding them. They'd see divers approaching and shoot out at warp speed to play and get fed. All the dive masters and their customers thought it was great - and if a particular client was particularly obnoxious, the dive master would just conveniently forget to tell them what to expect when they reached a certain point ... :ph34r:.