2 sumps or one

Ben A

I am adding a 30 gallon frag tank. I currently have a 120 DT with 40 gallon breeder sump. I have an apex on the DT as well as a duel BRS reactor. I am trying to figure out if I should run the frag tank into the same sump as the DT or have a dedicated sump for the 30 gallon frag. Any advice or thoughts?

I would make it a separate system. That way, you will limit your losses if either the frag tank or the main display gets some pest, pollutant, or worse, completely crashes.

Seeing as my new gold nugget maroon clown pair and fungia collection are in the 30, I am highly considering that option.

I'm working on switching from a 4' 90 to a 6' 125gal I am planning on hooking up a 40B frag tank underneath and I was looking at adding a 55gal sump but I may just convert the 90( know it's overkill but I already have 1) 

I plan on running both into the sump so maybe a 90 gal is a good idea lol, I'm sure 55's would work just as well if you can fit your skimmers and stuff in one 

treesprite brings up the best reason why you would want to run two separate systems. I would run them to the same sump as others mention.  For me, the larger water volume and stability that brings is reason enough.