Sons 40 breeder

Nice job. You won't regret going with the glass holes overflow. I have the Dart overflow on my 125 and it works great.

I can't figure how to stop the water from leaking out of the bulkheads. I'm getting confused. It's not from the piping it's from the tank itself. Like rubber is not getting a good seal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the tank surface clean where the gasket goes? Did you hand tighten only? They typically need another 1/4ish turn with channel locks. Also be careful not to overtightened the threaded elbow as you can crack the bulkhead.

Well dont know what the problem was. Bought gasket grease also cleaned surface and tightened more. Water testing good now for over 12 hours

Glad to hear it!

I hate when there is a problem and I can't find the solution!  I hope this is it!

How about a shot with that rock in it now?! How excited/involved is your son still?

"He is upset we got to cycle the tank, he wants fish tomorrow."

Just let him know there are some crazy people out there that take almost a year just to get the tank together, let along water in it!

Go get him a bowl with 2 mollies, then acclimatize them to salt water. Patience is a virtue. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great! All that research, time, and dedication is paying off!

Time and errors I made with my own tank. Lmao.

Very nice, I am sure your son is all smiles!

He is. Wants his dwarf lion NOW!!!!

Its hard to make him wait but he is learning.

I like the liquid tape. Recto seal you can get it at Lowes home depot in the plumbing section.

I'm on the same page as you. Apparently the tape is supposed to be used for metal fittings only, as if you use tape for PVC as you can over-tighten and break the pipe. The liquid goop just oozes out, so this isn't an issue.

Of course either can get the job done, and to be honest I've used both depending on what I have handy.