John Fords new 75 Gallon

So heres my new setup. My wife wanted the room where my last tank was for a baby play room. Its really the only area we could section off due to our open floor plan so I had no room for negotiations. For Fathers day I asked for a new tank so I could build it get it running then move everything over. A few things didnt go as planned but for the most part Im loving the new set-up! Id like to thank Reef Escape and ERC for dealing with me and my scheduling. I highly recommend either one for top notch service. Heres some photos of the build..

2_zpsac70cbe3.jpg

3_zpsecf03efe.jpg

IMG_3499_zps3ad38b67.jpg

IMG_3502_zpsa79fd8ef.jpg

IMG_3503_zps411c3bdc.jpg

10_zpsfb23a41a.jpg

IMG_3565_zps25a22d6f.jpg

IMG_3564_zps3e25b3b2.jpg

IMG_3533_zps6b6a920e.jpg

I decided to get rid of my canopy so Ill have to deal with a 36" fixture for now until I win the lotto which I dont gamble so Im having issues there~

IMG_3566_zps2540e175.jpg

Not a perfect silicone job but for a sump Im happy :)

IMG_3555_zps391e194b.jpg

IMG_3504_zps2eda4829.jpg

16_zpsf4b4a490.jpg

I still have some wire management issues and tweakage but with the baby and a time limit Im good :)

12_zpsa49af4b9.jpg

14_zps3b33d122.jpg

15_zps02c80f18.jpg

40_zpse3a8bfdf.jpg

Looks great john, love the rock work.. I'll have to swing by and check it out .

Thanks! Theres a couple rocks I'm still uncertain about and a few corals I'll still have move around to get it right.

Also it's so blue.. I like it in person but getting a good pic is impossible!

This weekend I have family in town but the next weekend I'm going to try and sell my old tank. Maybe you can head out then and check it out.

Great job...was this the quickest build ever...or where you just very well planned? Lol

HA! Well it took three weeks to build it. And three years in the hobby to wish I would have done it this way the first time :)

All the equipment came from my other tank so it really was building the stand, siliconing the sump, waiting 48 f-g-10 (moms way of cursing) hours for the silicone to dry, Plumbing it together, and re plumbing it because I had a couple leaks... DOAH!

I still have to add my 1"ish deep aragonite sand bed. I'm using 1-2mm grain because I have way too much flow for fine sand.

I want to talk to artfully acrylic at some point to look into an ato reservoir and hopefully run across a 6 lamp 54 watt t5 someone's not using anymore. These two will have to wait because of funds for awhile but that's on the list of things I want.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have my sand bed in now. I still want to add about a 1/2" more but its always a work in progress right?

My next project will be mounting some conduit for a fixture hanger. Im tired of looking at the cpvc arms supporting the smaller fixture. Hopefully come my birthday/Christmas time ill have some cash for a 6 lamp 54w ATI fixture. *fingers crossed*

IMG_3961_zps8698de56.jpg

IMG_3969_zps0a8c708a.jpg

Thanks!

I don't know why but doors are a pain, well for me atleast. I had a hard time getting them to lay flat on my frame. I ended up putting magnets on the top and bottom to force them to stay shut.

Thanks!

I don't know why but doors are a pain, well for me atleast. I had a hard time getting them to lay flat on my frame. I ended up putting magnets on the top and bottom to force them to stay shut.

LOL.  I'll let you know how it goes for me.  I have to do the measurements again and go to Home Depot.  I want to get new side stuff too...why can't I think of that word.  The trim.  There we go.  I want to get new trim for mine too.  You never know...I may be calling you for help!

• 2 weeks later...

LOL. I'll let you know how it goes for me. I have to do the measurements again and go to Home Depot. I want to get new side stuff too...why can't I think of that word. The trim. There we go. I want to get new trim for mine too. You never know...I may be calling you for help!

With a 7 month old baby I'll be able to get some free time to help in ohhhh maybe 18 years :)

• 3 months later...

I have not had to much opportunity to update this in awhile, and any of that time has been spent doing maintenance. I was able to pick up some D2140s through some trades :cool: and Im excited to either finally put my LED curiosity to rest or run with it! Ill keep this for a couple months and do some more tweaking. 

tank_zps43ec1a68.jpg

Yeah, I think even with LEDs the camera will have its challenges. Its hard to get the free time to mess with it and figure it out. Iphone it is for now

Looks great, the LEDS will be your favorite. Cheaper energy, and guess what, they grow things!

If you're gonna take shots with the evergrows, I found turning the blue channel down to 5-10% and putting the whites at 100% give the best, real, picture quality.

Looks good!

Thanks!

Ill let the coral adjust to the new lights for a bit and give that a shot soon. 

Looks great, the LEDS will be your favorite. Cheaper energy, and guess what, they grow things!

If you're gonna take shots with the evergrows, I found turning the blue channel down to 5-10% and putting the whites at 100% give the best, real, picture quality.

Looks good!