Anyone own a Deep Blue RR?

John Ford

I can't find pictures of the overflow pipes topside and underneath online. Was just wondering the layout before I build a stand. Thanks!

I have a 30. I can send pics to you by 10m tomorrow. Really busy after work today.

ok thanks

I sent an email to their help desk but who knows if they respond in a timely manner. I'm seeing mixed reviews about their customer help

Any other pics from anyone would be great! Thx

I have the 75 rimless which has a center overflow... Unfortunately that doesn't help you much. Good move building your own stand though. Their stands are junk! Worst mistake I made on this system.

(edited)

I agree- the DB stands are poor quality. The overflow teeth tend to be on the long side and they give you an adjustable weir to help with flow control, but even with the teeth all the way up, the water level is an inch below the trim.

The bulkheads they supply are also worthless- 2 piece molded types that crack very easily. Throw them away and replace with real bulkheads.

We have 2 of these tanks in operation and I say buy Marineland instead.

Edited by zygote2k

Customer service did reply and they said they can't help me. Of course I replied to them right when I woke up and I feel maybe I should have waited. HA!

My opinion is why should I have to buy it have it shipped then loose a big chuck of floor while I build a stand and then install it. I should be able to get a layout. Build it and when I walk in the door with it, slide it into place.

Are you supposed to buy all new appliances then build the house around them? Sounds stupid

Reef escape has some on display so im going to try and slide by there and look at them. Maybe marineland has the upper hand~

(edited)

Check out pschom's build thread on nano-reef. It is a 30g rimless with the corner overflow. I assume the layout of the overflow is the same as the 75g with corner overflow. He has pics of the overflow and plumbing in the third post in his thread. He is actually local, but I don't think he is on WAMAS. Here is a link to his build thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289775-the-inspiration-now-vega-powered/

Edited by ronl

Not sure if it helps, but I bought a DB 57 Rimless and drilled it myself. Put a Glass-holes overflow on it with a loc-line return. Couldn't be happier.

(edited)

Check out pschom's build thread on nano-reef. It is a 30g rimless with the corner overflow. I assume the layout of the overflow is the same as the 75g with corner overflow. He has pics of the overflow and plumbing in the third post in his thread. He is actually local, but I don't think he is on WAMAS. Here is a link to his build thread:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/289775-the-inspiration-now-vega-powered/

Looks just like the one I saw at reef escape, Thanks! Edited by John Ford

Not sure if it helps, but I bought a DB 57 Rimless and drilled it myself. Put a Glass-holes overflow on it with a loc-line return. Couldn't be happier.

It does help! I need all the ideas I can get.

I think I've got too many things going on. My heads in twenty different directions right now

Deep blues 75 RR is 48 x 18 x 20

This website might be of help. 

FWIW, when I had the DB 57, the overflow was HUGE, hooked up with a durso smack dab in the back middle of the tank. The teeth were also cut really large like Rob mentioned, and the water level was inches below the top, which I guess is OK for a rimless, but it still looked a little silly, IMO. 

Thanks Isaac!

If I go with deep blue I'm going to silicone in the adjustable gate that they have at the overflow and make it solid. That with the dorso I'm hoping will keep the level good. *fingers crossed!!*

Marineland may end up with my business. I'll have sometime on Monday I think to weigh in my options. I have to get pricing for them as well~

For now I sit and stair out my window second guessing getting rid of my freshwater tank. Maybe if I close the windows and don't answer my door it'll all go away and I'll keep it :/