I need step by step instructions for GSA kalk stirrer

Jan

Jan, fresh top off water enters through the clear tube on top that delivers water to the bottom of the reactor. Overflow from the reactor leaves through the gray fitting on the upper part of the reactor body. Send the kalkwasser effluent into a high flow area of your sump. Plug the stirrer in and let it run 24/7. Put about a week or two of kalk in the bottom of the reactor (1/2 to 1 cup typical). Every month or two, you'll want to clean any undissolved sludge from the bottom of the reactor. That's about all there is to running it.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

What he said plus add some fresh kalk powder to the reactor once or twice a week, about 1/3 cup, depending on usage to keep about 3/4" in the stirrer.  Dump and clean out once a month.

(edited)

I really miss you guys. Thank you so much, Tom!!! The reef community here is, um, hmm...very different. Definitely not WAMAS. You are very unique, one of a kind for sure.

Jan, fresh top off water enters through the clear tube on top that delivers water to the bottom of the reactor. Overflow from the reactor leaves through the gray fitting on the upper part of the reactor body. Send the kalkwasser effluent into a high flow area of your sump. Plug the stirrer in and let it run 24/7. Put about a week or two of kalk in the bottom of the reactor (1/2 to 1 cup typical). Every month or two, you'll want to clean any undissolved sludge from the bottom of the reactor. That's about all there is to running it. Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

Edited by Jans Natural Reef Foods

How does the RO/DI water stop and start? Do I need an ATO running into the stirrer? How is the kalk water flow regulated into the sump? 

How does the RO/DI water stop and start? Do I need an ATO running into the stirrer? How is the kalk water flow regulated into the sump?

Yep. The stirrer is in-line with your ATO. If flow is too high, you can use a smaller pump or install a ball valve. Personally, I use a peristaltic pump but you can use a maxijet , too. The tubing in the reactor is narrow enough that it limits the flow pretty well.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition