Dave's 150 cube build

So. And Dave, I'm not trying to hijack your thread here. Just asking questions that hopefully will be relevant to you. Is this a tank that you could keep a blue tang in? As well as a yellow and sailfin. My main concern with going to the 150 cube is that I'd have to get rid of my girlfriends goddarn dory. It's the only thing keeping my tank going so far, so not an option. And I'd much rather do this tank than have a 200 dd built.

No worries, that's what WAMAS is for, the sharing of information :D.  I don't see why a 150DD wouldn't be big enough for a blue hippo tang... I know the recommended is 180 for them, but I'd personally think you'd be fine.  How big is the blue hippo you currently have?

Yea, that's what I'm figuring too, it's not like it's a 36" 40 gal tank. It's gonna have tons of space. It's still small, about 3" now. Years to go for it to grow much bigger. But still, what worries me is that if it gets to be 12", it'll have 3 times it's body length to swim forward before turning around.

are there any pics of the build for the stand? Reall really nice stuff

Here you are Duff. This should help until he gets off his Butt  :laugh:  :clap:  :laugh:

qypuha9u.jpg

yqajapep.jpgryde9ede.jpg

uma9egas.jpg

Inspiration Dave  :wub:

@Matt yes I have pics.

@ Dante411x because you are still working on becoming a true Reefer. :) ;) :)

i'd love to see some more. is that kosher or a hijack?

I am not Hebrew/Jewish  :laugh: If you mean my personal build not it is a friend's build that I assisted him with in regards to the design . PM me for link. I have built this stand (3) times in the past.Enough HiJacking of Dave's build tread. Dave!!!! GET CRACKING !!

Happy Reefing!!!!!

Woops, my bad...I thought those pics were of Arkonen's ongoing build and a little help was being provided.

@ DC - I've seen D2mini's setup...and was hoping someone had pics to help me visualize how it was pieced together and what the cuts were necssary. Please let me know if you have something like that you could share given  you've made a few similar stands.

...and now back to your original broadcast. Let's see the tank this thread was for :happy:

Edited by matt

I must say I enjoyed your hijack H, and I have been through D2Mini's thread. Now let's see the real build!