favorite fish personality

Huly

What is your favorite fish for personality and why?

Pez and I were discussing personality in fish today and our lawnmower blenny (Homer for Homer Simpson) has the best by far.  From staring you down for Nori on his rock, to catching a ride on a turbo snail cause he is too fat and lazy to swim lol.  

What is your favorite and why?

I love my flasher wrasse...he comes out and begs like a puppy when I walk by the tank...

Though I have to say my mystery wrasse and Midas blennies are a close second..

And in LAST place.... My Lamarcks angel...because she is the opposite of an angel!

My fat ocellaris clown female, because she's always looking for a bite ta eat. She will put her whole head out of water and bob up and down like a crazy beast if there is anything that looks like food coming her way.

My yellow tang is VERY smart. He swim fast in a short space moving sand around (like playing). If water parameter is not right or I forget to feed him, he comes to the glass looking at me (calling) . He observes everything around the house, when I open the front door, he goes to the tank corner to check out who is coming. He also interact with TV colors and sometimes noizes.

(edited)

That is awesome!  I love hearing the stories!

Here is lazy Homer catching a ride LOL

Homerrestsonsnail_zpsf6144756.jpg

Edited by Huly

lol love that...except knowing Homer as I do, I don't believe this is laziness on his part but a protecting of his precious algae...he doesn't want the snail to eat essentially. If he had his way your tank would be all his ....lol

lol love that...except knowing Homer as I do, I don't believe this is laziness on his part but a protecting of his precious algae...he doesn't want the snail to eat essentially. If he had his way your tank would be all his ....lol

lol Yes he would he is a riot!

Jawfish hands down.  Always bobbing in and out of their den, and grabbing snails/rubble rock to reinforce it.  Once the den is complete they will find a big shell, or piece of rock to cover the den at night using it as a roof.

Picture of mine from September.  He or she is a little bigger now, and would like to find him or her a mate one day.

9724281121_7de291cb3a_z.jpg

My neon pseudochromis, it follows my hand around the tank during cleaning and looks under anything I pick up for something to eat. Completely unafraid of me and will look me straight in the eye if I get near the tank.

Diamond goby. There is something about watching him sift sand and move things around that just lures me to keep staring.

I have a love/hate relationship with my black and white ocellaris. He's a beautiful fish, but he's a real jerk when you put your hand in the tank.

Edited by darkcirca

Jawfish hands down.  Always bobbing in and out of their den, and grabbing snails/rubble rock to reinforce it.  Once the den is complete they will find a big shell, or piece of rock to cover the den at night using it as a roof.

Picture of mine from September.  He or she is a little bigger now, and would like to find him or her a mate one day.

9724281121_7de291cb3a_z.jpg

awww great pic,

I want a jawfish so bad but I have a very active tank and from what I know that really stresses out the jawfish unless you put it in first....so someday I will have to just set up a jawfish tank to enjoy one...

I know they aren't fish but my two cleaner shrimp are awesome they climb all over my hand and arm when it's in the tank and eat dead skin off my hands. They also will eat out of my hand too

Diamond goby. There is something about watching him sift sand and move things around that just lures me to keep staring.

I have a love/hate relationship with my black and white ocellaris. He's a beautiful fish, but he's a real jerk when you put your hand in the tank.

Yeah, my black and white occ is a huge Richard also. It actually hurts to get bitten by that thing!

Crusty is my favorite fish and also my least favorite. He is a joy to watch swim and roll in the nem. Today he grabbed a huge chunk of blackworms and took the whole thing down to the nem. However he is more aggressive than any piranha or shark. Loves to bite frags I move or knock rockwork over in anger. Bites the hand that feeds him sometimes drawing blood. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Midas Blenny. R.I.P. Victim of the 3-day Derecho power outage. Was that 2 summers ago? Had 3 tanks at the time. Blennies all died first. Higher metabolism? Greater need for oxygen?

my maroon gold stripe is exactly same.  

evil $%$#!^* but i have had him about 12 years...first salt water fish...so as much as i hate him i am loyal to him lol

Crusty is my favorite fish and also my least favorite. He is a joy to watch swim and roll in the nem. Today he grabbed a huge chunk of blackworms and took the whole thing down to the nem. However he is more aggressive than any piranha or shark. Loves to bite frags I move or knock rockwork over in anger. Bites the hand that feeds him sometimes drawing blood. nyqegyhe.jpg

my maroon gold stripe is exactly same.

evil $%$#!^* but i have had him about 12 years...first salt water fish...so as much as i hate him i am loyal to him lol

That's my problem with my clowns. They are both 7+ now. It's a love hate, but I could never part with him... No matter how many times I threaten to strangle him or feed him to the sharks.