New member from Alexandria

Hi, my name is Brad and I recently joined wamas. I am currently setting up 65 gallon tank for a mixed reef with a 3 section 20 gallon long sump. I have alot to learn and a lot of questions. I've have just finished ordering most of the basics. I am in the middle of drilling my last hole for a herbie overflow, and I hope to start cycling next week. I've ordered 50lbs of dry rock from reef cleaners and 60lbs of live sand, and bacteria starter. I would like to add some live rock to that to help the cycle. I'd welcome any advice for a smooth start and hope to meet people nearby and maybe see their tanks.

Hey man, welcome. I work right in Old Town, and live in Arlington. You'll like it here!

Welcome!!!  You're in good hands...ask as many questions as you can think of...nothing is took simple or dumb...it's a tough hobby to jump into but you have a wealth of knowledge in this membership. Take advantage of it  :happy:

lots of members live near you....

Welcome! You are in great hands!

A freebie tip: Name one thing that EVERYONE is a sucker for in WAMAS? Pictures!

Show us the bounty!

Matt

Welcome to WAMAS.

I just picked up a Labouti Wrasse so I can show you the booty but not the bounty does that count? 

Done hijacking your thread now.

I finished drilling the last hole and glued in the overflow box. What is the easiest way to post pics in a thread? Or should I just start a new thread in the tank build section?

I finished drilling the last hole and glued in the overflow box. What is the easiest way to post pics in a thread? Or should I just start a new thread in the tank build section?

start a new thread and then use a site such as photobucket and copy the IMG code from each photo and paste it 

• 2 months later...