Help setting up Apex Lite

RW09903

Just bought an Apex Lite via Amazon.com and I have no clue how to get started. Is there anyone near Bowie that could help me setup/ program my controller? I can provide lunch or throw in some cash for your time.

Thanks!

Absolutely. Send me a PM as I live not too far from Bowie.

PM Sent!

I'm setting mine up tomorrow! Guess its an apex weekend!

Good luck with your setup!

Have you tried read the quick start guide or the comprehensive guide on their website?

I took a look at their website and it seems helpful. I want to make sure it is used to its full potential for the equipment I have as well as setup my phone or tablet. Im just not too tech savvy.  :huh:

Start off slow, like have it turn lights on and off first and keep experimenting with adding new things. You'll have a ton of stuff hooked up before you know it!

Connecting to the internet is a lot easier with Fusion, especially for notifications. If you don't have Fusion yet I found that AOL email works for notifications.

I can't even get it set up to the Internet...can't turn anything on or off,lol I wanted to wait to program everything on the computer as everyone says its easier...ugh...I need a apex for dummies guide,lol

I was able to plug everything in and I am monitoring pH and temp now. Youtube has an BRS series dedicated to the Apex controller. I think I need to buy an extra part to setup my ato.

I watched all the BRS ones...it's the initial attaching the apex to the computer/router that I can't get...

And even worse...now that I have watched all of them I really want to get it done like now,lol

I wanted to wait till I had it connected to the Internet to program it to alleviate some of the button pain,lol since I'm a hard button pusher,lol

I was able to plug everything in and I am monitoring pH and temp now. Youtube has an BRS series dedicated to the Apex controller. I think I need to buy an extra part to setup my ato.

I would recommend purchasing an ATO system like Avast or Hydrofill, then connecting that to the Apex. From there you can program it to come on at a certain time for x amount of time. You can even add constraints on it so that if the PH is a certain level for it not to come on at all. Helpful if you mix your water with lime/kalk.

I've never owned any of the ATO systems so I can't comment on those. I bought some float switches to monitor 2 sumps and 1 freshwater reservoir, aqua lifters for sump top off and a solenoid valve for the freshwater reservoir. Oh, and a breakout box. So far so good. I want to add more switches for high and low level warnings/alarms.

I would recommend purchasing an ATO system like Avast or Hydrofill, then connecting that to the Apex. From there you can program it to come on at a certain time for x amount of time. You can even add constraints on it so that if the PH is a certain level for it not to come on at all. Helpful if you mix your water with lime/kalk.

You can so the same thing with the apex breakout box and wiring in float switches. I use a aqua lifter as the pump. Works great and I have all the features you described.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You don't even have to use a breakout box. :)

Just limit the time your ATO outlet runs. For example, I limit my ATO outlet to only run for 10minutes every hour using the OSC command. So if I had a "runaway" ATO for whatever reason there won't be a flood.

I can't even get it set up to the Internet...can't turn anything on or off,lol I wanted to wait to program everything on the computer as everyone says its easier...ugh...I need a apex for dummies guide,lol

I would give Neptune a call and they can share your screen with Team Viewer to get it setup to the net.  They were very helpful when I was initially setting mine up and having troubles with the network configuration.