30 gallon cube

Sugar Magnolia

Here's the cube at the 2 year mark. I just cleaned it up yesterday so new pics were in order.

Right side, from the living room:

cube396.jpg

Left side, dining room:

cube397.jpg

Frontal shot:

cube422.jpg

These are cool. Got this little rock of zoos a couple of years ago and it had some clove polyps in it, which have spread to between the zoos.

cube405.jpg

Top rock in the tank - this one's three years old and has had various things glued to it over the years. The most recent have been the monti caps and digis, about a year ago.

cube408.jpg

Left side of that same rock. The underside of that cap is all pink zoos, that are very hard to photograph. They go well with that purple digi.

cube407.jpg

Skunk cleaner at his favorite hang out. He's about 18 months old now.

cube402.jpg

Middle looking toward the right side. I stuck that piece of monti cap that I had accidently broken off, on that rock in the mddle of the picture behind that digitata I intended to give it to someone, but it has since encrusted the rock. Oops.

cube409.jpg

These two digi colonies grew together.

cube411.jpg

Closer shot of where they first made contact.

cube410.jpg

Royal gramma wanted in on the picture taking.

cube413.jpg

Back to the top of the tank. In the center is what's now growing off a plug that once once a huge german blue digitata, that was growing out of the water. I snapped it off and traded it in, leaving the plug behind.

cube414.jpg

Closer.

cube415.jpg

As always, the star polyps are the last to come out after being handled. Checking to see if it's safe to come out yet:

cube419.jpg

Funky scroll aglae that popped up. I accidently broke it while cleaning yesterday.

cube420.jpg

A new patch of my favorite zoos.

cube423.jpg

Parent colony that gets moved around the tank.

cube424.jpg

Skunk cleaner shrimp molesting some zoos and xenia. See that halimeda?

cube425.jpg

Some rics.

cube431.jpg

Zoos.

cube432.jpg

Star polyps fully opened. These got pruned way back the other day.

cube433.jpg

German blue digitata, purple digitata and gorgonian.

cube436.jpg

Bleh...hair algae along with some cyano I couldn't get the syphon to. See that lazy turbo snail napping? Sheesh!

cube438.jpg

Shrooms. These have got to go.

cube439.jpg

Bicolor blenny in his sleeping hole.

cube442.jpg

Bicolor where he likes to perch.

cube447.jpg

Yellow watchman coming out to see what's up. Bicolor on it's perch and the shrimp hanging out in his favorite spot.

cube446.jpg

Hey Adrienne, that looks great! I finally got everything to where I wanted it at school and the frags you gave (along with everyone else) made their way into school yesterday. They're placed into a few different places, some landing in a 6th grade science classroom that has a newly set up reef (set it up with live sand before Christmas then added rock last week that's been sitting in my tank at home for a month or more), some in my classroom's 33, and some in a 2.5 gallon tank I set up on my desk the other day - the ricordeas and some of the loose things are there so they don't get swallowed up. I figure I'll let things grow onto the rocks, frag them, and then move the rocks out as the berghias clean more and more up! And, as you know, we're always willing to take on any frags at school that you want to get rid of!

Dave

Guest alex wlazlak

my skunk cleaner does that too! he just like runs all over the zoos and stuff and they curl up... mine also likes to hang out under a rock similer to like how yours does. does yours clean the other fish? BTW, nice tank.

This tank had a "sump" if you could call it that. It was a 15 hex that I baffled off , but I had tons of problems so I decided to simplify my life and go back to being sumpless. It ran that way for the first 15 months, and I had no problems.

The thing ont he maxi-jet is a Hydor Flo. It rotates in a circular pattern, creating randon flow.

The Hydor has stopped rotating twice now. Once because a collonista was wedged in it, and this morning a strobus was wedged in there. Dumb snails.

For flow, I have an Emperor HOB 280 gph and a MJ 900 with the Hydor Flo. I think I may stick the MJ 1200 back in there. It seems like the Hydor is restricting the actual output that the MJ 900 is capable of.

Lighting is a 250 W PFO HQI mini pendant with an Icecap E ballast running a 14K Phoenix bulb. No actinic supplementaion.