Apex Codes

Fireman12s

PM me if you need help with codes

I Will! So far I just set everything up abs tested my fusion to make sure it was working. And basically set things up as simple as possible. Tonight I'm going ti try connecting the auto feeder and figure out that part. Without reactors and ato, my tank is fairly simple.

*bump* on this thread for mling and myself.  Figured thsi would be a helpful reference guide and resource starter.

Thanks Tricia

Mike

Virtual Outlets!  A little advanced Apex programming...

While having Fusion enabled is a real easy way to set up text and email alerts, and not to mention having to keep remembering your home IP Address is a pain, Fusion is still limited as to what you can do with the Apex.  One example is that you cannot create a virtual outlet via Fusion.  Ouch!

What is a Virtual Outlet? 

From the Apex Comprehensive Manual -

Virtual outlets are a powerful tool in constructing complex programming conditions. Without virtual outlets you are limited to single condition ON/OFF statements. However with the ability to define virtual outlets you can combine conditions, similar to the “AND” condition in programming. 

Want to know how to set one up?  Go to page 87 of the Comprehensive Manual.

What do I use a virtual outlet for?  

Have you ever done maintenance on a reactor, return pump, or skimmer, get distracted, and forget to turn the outlet back to AUTO or ON?  I have!

So I created a virtual outlet called 'Check_Me_Out'  to send me an email/text alert that tells me one of those items has been off for more than 30minutes.

Virtual Outlet - Check_Me_Out

Set OFF 

If Outlet Pump_3_3 = OFF Then ON 
If Outlet Skimmer_3_1 = OFF Then ON 
If Outlet Reactor_3_5 = OFF Then ON 
Defer 030:00 Then ON 

The code is very simple. 

Set OFF means the outlet is OFF until the following conditions trigger it to ON -

If Outlet Pump_3_3 (That's the name of my return pump outlet 'Pump_3_3') = OFF Then ON

If Outlet Skimmer_3_1 (That's the name of my skimmer outlet 'Skimmer_3_1') = OFF Then ON

If Outlet Reactor_3_5 (That's the name of my reactor outlet 'Reactor_3_5') = OFF Then ON

Defer 030:00 Then ON.  Why is this here?  Without this Defer Statement the virtual outlet would be turned ON instantly every time one of the three outlets named above were turned OFF.  That would get annoying.  This Defer Statement says that if one of those outlets are turned OFF for more than 30 minutes, the virtual outlet will be turned ON.

Now, in your Email Alarm outlet add this code -

If Outlet Check_me_out = ON Then ON

Without this code in your email alarm outlet the alert won't be triggered.

Done!

Now you won't forget to turn your equipment back on! 

Virtual Outlets!  A little advanced Apex programming...

While having Fusion enabled is a real easy way to set up text and email alerts, and not to mention having to keep remembering your home IP Address is a pain, Fusion is still limited as to what you can do with the Apex.  One example is that you cannot create a virtual outlet via Fusion.  Ouch!

What is a Virtual Outlet? 

From the Apex Comprehensive Manual -

Want to know how to set one up?  Go to page 87 of the Comprehensive Manual.

What do I use a virtual outlet for?  

Have you ever done maintenance on a reactor, return pump, or skimmer, get distracted, and forget to turn the outlet back to AUTO or ON?  I have!

So I created a virtual outlet called 'Check_Me_Out'  to send me an email/text alert that tells me one of those items has been off for more than 30minutes.

Virtual Outlet - Check_Me_Out

Set OFF 

If Outlet Pump_3_3 = OFF Then ON 
If Outlet Skimmer_3_1 = OFF Then ON 
If Outlet Reactor_3_5 = OFF Then ON 
Defer 030:00 Then ON 

The code is very simple. 

Set OFF means the outlet is OFF until the following conditions trigger it to ON -

If Outlet Pump_3_3 (That's the name of my return pump outlet 'Pump_3_3') = OFF Then ON

If Outlet Skimmer_3_1 (That's the name of my skimmer outlet 'Skimmer_3_1') = OFF Then ON

If Outlet Reactor_3_5 (That's the name of my reactor outlet 'Reactor_3_5') = OFF Then ON

Defer 030:00 Then ON.  Why is this here?  Without this Defer Statement the virtual outlet would be turned ON instantly every time one of the three outlets named above were turned OFF.  That would get annoying.  This Defer Statement says that if one of those outlets are turned OFF for more than 30 minutes, the virtual outlet will be turned ON.

Now, in your Email Alarm outlet add this code -

If Outlet Check_me_out = ON Then ON

Without this code in your email alarm outlet the alert won't be triggered.

Done!

Now you won't forget to turn your equipment back on! 

Wow that is awesome!  I am definitely adding that to my virtual outlets.  I figured out how to create one last night.