Koran Angelfish in Reef

mling

So I am toying with adding a Koran to my 156G.  I know it is not reef safe,  I don't have fancy corals, a few frog sprawns, hammers, ricordias, zoas and lots of mushrooms.  I do have a Klein Angel that is not reef safe that has been there for over a year with no problems.  Could a Koran also behave like my Klein ?

Always a risk. I tried it with a Koran that had been reef safe for years. In my tank... Coral buffet!

So I am toying with adding a Koran to my 156G. I know it is not reef safe, I don't have fancy corals, a few frog sprawns, hammers, ricordias, zoas and lots of mushrooms. I do have a Klein Angel that is not reef safe that has been there for over a year with no problems. Could a Koran also behave like my Klein ?

Don't risk it.

Always a risk. I tried it with a Koran that had been reef safe for years. In my tank... Coral buffet!

So it decided to munch on Corals when it got older?

So it decided to munch on Corals when it got older?

No, it decided to eat corals after nothing but a tank switch, after being in a reef tank for years. Like I said, it is always a risk, it is impossible to predict that kind of behavior, IMO.

You know it is a fish that is not reef safe, but I'll answer your question:

Yes, you could have a Koran fish that will behave like your Klein, in the sense that it might also ignore your corals. Will it... who knows?