Brain farts during builds

Shoelace

I'm building a PVC durso.  I need a 1" to 1/2" bushing.  I'm finishing my sump.  I need clear silicone.

I go shopping at Home Depot and Petco to pick up these, among other things.  In a rush because I gotta get the kids to their activities, but I really want to finish these parts of my build.  Like, really, really!

I come home and find out I bought a 1" to 3/4" bushing and black silicone.  %*&$^!  @&%! %&}!

Anyone else do this, or am I the only one suffering from reefing senility?  LOL :laugh:

I bought clear silicone caulking for my bathtub a few weeks ago instead of brilliant white. I blame this on children as well   :laugh:

I always do something like this. So, if I know I'm starting a project. I automatically assume that I'll be at Depot or Lowes 3-5 times till I get it all right after changes and revisions. I save all my receipts and packaging religiously. Then....when it's all finished. I always have a nice credit towards the next debacle! Or "project". Key is to keep a box with your favorite retailers name on it. Throw parts and pieces in as you go and then it's easy when you make the next trip to that store. (Especially with plumbing fittings and pieces)

Lol.. I used to do this alot...now I write a note on a 'post-it' app n my phone when I am at home looking at things...

Then...I only forget the other things that I didn't know I needed,lol

Lol.. I used to do this alot...now I write a note on a 'post-it' app n my phone when I am at home looking at things...

Then...I only forget the other things that I didn't know I needed,lol

Wow Kim, I do the same.  Helps a lot....

Key is to keep a box with your favorite retailers name on it. Throw parts and pieces in as you go and then it's easy when you make the next trip to that store. (Especially with plumbing fittings and pieces)

That is genius.  I've been silly and everything gets jumbled together and then it's like...  is this from Lowes or Home Depot?  Where is that receipt?

now I write a note on a 'post-it' app n my phone.

Me too.  Makes me forget less.

And sdt it in place. Fill it. Mount lights in csnopy and say hmmmm. Whats not right. Oh crap. I forgot to vinyl the back glass black. Its reslly hard to do with 4-5" of clearance

courtesy of my sweet S4