Shawn Bennett yellow tort

YHSublime

Any forum members have experience with it, keeping it a canary yellow, or does it go green on you depending on lighting or phosphates? All stuff I read online, anyone have real time experience?

I've seen talk that it'll stay yellow under high light and low phosphates and tends to turn green when those two aren't met. The pics I've seen when it turns green are pretty amazing still.

However, I have no direct experience with this one yet.

I've seen talk that it'll stay yellow under high light and low phosphates and tends to turn green when those two aren't met. The pics I've seen when it turns green are pretty amazing still.

However, I have no direct experience with this one yet.

Yep, still looks pretty nice when it's green. What I've read is the same thing. I'm considering a Christmas gift to myself if my tank is still running come then.

I'm surprised none of our local SPS junkies have thoughts?

Did anyone grab some from battlecorals in the last GB...might check those people in another month or so.

I don't have the yellow tort. I DO have a highlighter stag that colorshifted to more green on me...happened when I decreased my photo-period. No idea if that applies, but sharing in case it's not just a lighting intensity thing you should look for.

Did anyone grab some from battlecorals in the last GB...might check those people in another month or so.

I don't have the yellow tort. I DO have a highlighter stag that colorshifted to more green on me...happened when I decreased my photo-period. No idea if that applies, but sharing in case it's not just a lighting intensity thing you should look for.

I also have several frags of highlighter stag, more of a green for me as well in the whites

DSC_0310_zps16178870.jpg

I didn't see any on the most recent Battlecorals GB, but now I'm interested in it after the GB. womp womp.

Not from the GB, but I do have a nice frag from Adam at Battlecorals. We'll see how it grows I'll offer some frags.

Not from the GB, but I do have a nice frag from Adam at Battlecorals. We'll see how it grows I'll offer some frags.

PM sent.

Also, interested to see pictures, and hear experience with the color you get from it!

Yep, still looks pretty nice when it's green. What I've read is the same thing. I'm considering a Christmas gift to myself if my tank is still running come then.

I'm surprised none of our local SPS junkies have thoughts?

lol why dont you place all those frags first and see where you at for space etc....for someone looking for a minimalist look ya sure are a collector of stuff...if you put all those frags on your rocks now you would be tapped out for space most likely taking in growth patterns

.for someone looking for a minimalist look ya sure are a collector of stuff.

So future plan is deep dimensions, nothing is going to grow so fast and large on me that space might be an issue. And if it does, what a great problem to have!

I'm already weeding out what I plan to keep, and what I don't. You have have seen me inquiring about Tony's plating acros, but you're right, I do collect an awful lot.

Still interested to hear any and all experience with it.

going to start calling you goldilocks...always looking for the next tank .....that feels "just right" instead of just enjoying the bed you have and taking a nap

good luck with the coral...its a beauty

Edited by sachabballi reef

going to start calling you goldilocks...always looking for the next tank .....that feels "just right" instead of just enjoying the bed you have and taking a nap

good luck with the coral...its a beauty

with a guaranteed move in the future, I figured I'd take the time to get the dimensions I really wanted, nothing for sure yet, but with careful planning....

I'd like to find out a little bit about the coral first before it makes it into the tank, I've got a lot of green! Although, a yellow tang would suffice for this particular color want...but you said it first, it's a beauty!

I've seen some frags of it in and around CMAS WAMAS over the past few years and none of them even closely resembled the real deal. They were likely sold by Mr.Coral as "LE wannabes". 

i think you have to have zero excess nutrients in your tank for the yellow to remain yellowish and low kevlin lights . 10-14k

Edited by sachabballi reef

I also have several frags of highlighter stag, more of a green for me as well in the whites

yeah, mine is placed low...so maybe 150 par when my bulbs were pretty new. it held its original color until I decreased my photoperiod. It's getting less par, but less time in the lights too. Still looks lovely, but isn't the same color as what Graham sent me. That's ok for me, I was decreasing photo-period when trying to bring out deeper colors as a lot of my corals were more pastel when the stag was so bright. It kinda worked...

If your stag went green I wonder if that means youre more likely to see the tort turn green....let us know if you pick up the tort and that happens