Cbashaw's 93 cube build. 30x30x24 lots of pics

cbashaw

Thanks for all the compliments.

I'm starting to see small spots of coralline on the rock, and glass now. I also noticing my corals are growing much faster than in my old tank. I suspect this is due to better lighting, and I have been feeding rods food, and reef roids as opposed to only feeding flake food before.

I ordered the eheim 1262 volute to upgrade my return pump (Eheim 1260) from 600gph to 900gph and replaced my tunze 6045 with 3 maxijet 1200's for flow. Is that enough flow for a mixed reef?

The tunze worked well, but I prefer not to see any equipment in the tank, and it was hard to hide. The

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few update pics.

Added an om squirt to the return

dc3b691a2ba11c50ff494e2e39164d05_zpseb71

Saltlife built me some nice new doors.

42962aa181eac272f02c067c37157894_zpscb7b

I put the new doors on and painted everything white. I didn't like the blue too much. I think it looks much better this way.

020140c4f2de36b64e412070e0de739f_zps6f1f

I'll be working on the crown moulding and another coat of paint today. Then I can focus on stocking the tank. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I switched to all led's my original lighting setup (pictured below) didn;t work out. The heat from the halide was too much for the led's and the anodizing burned on the heat sinks, luckily I caught it before anything serious happened.

I have taken the led strips out of the halide fixture and added a 3rd strip of led's (6 blue/6 white).

3089cee55700dc1641664fd3f4768887_zps1834

The color looks great and my corals seem to be responding very well. 

I also noticed a significant reduction in evaporation.

I have started to do 5G water changes 5 days a week instead of 25 every 2 weeks, and seem to look much healthier.

• 1 year later...

I'm way overdue posting updates here :)

I was fighting a hair algae problem so I had to make some changes to my setup. I switched to an eshopps r200 sump so I could use filter socks, then I added a maxspect gyre 130 for more flow, and beefed up my cleaning crew.

I also switched to t5's and have been getting great growth. It's still a work in progress but it's really coming together.

I got this leather as a tiny frag from flooddc a few years ago, now it's one of my favorite corals.

image.jpg5_zpsmj6urvjq.jpg

image.jpg2_zpsuax746h3.jpg

image.jpg1_zpswtz4upog.jpg

image.jpg4_zpscazxsaz0.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsfj5zlmtw.jpg

Looking good!

I still got the toadstool mother colony, but it shrink and not growing much since I moved. I think the angelfish is nipping on it and thus not growing.  

It's too bad the angel is bothering it. I hope my flame leaves mine alone he's been good so far.

My clowns have been hosting in my green sinularia so it hasn't grown at all in 2 years but my frag from it on the other side of the tank is growing fast.

Saw this featured on r2r, meant to come back and bug you for an UD. Looking great still!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk