pressure switch query

monkiboy

on the avast switch I believe that when the pressure is high (more water in tube) the circuit will be open, and when the pressure is low (less water in tube or no water in tube), the circuit will be closed. is this correct?

i am trying to DIY a cleaner configuration of my genesis reef awc/ato system and want to do away with the myriad float valves and pvc pipe hangers by using the avast pressure sensors and magnetic holders.

but i think the logic would be backward as on the genesis reef system when the float is pressed up against the flange at the threaded end of the sensor, the circuit is closed.

thanks for any confirmation/details you can provide.

i'm still waiting for a reply via the website from dan on something else but hopefully one of them will see this soon enough. i wondering if there is a way to modify or buy a pressure sensor/switch with the reverse logic of what they currently use so i can utilize it in my awc/ato system.

Same on my reefangel model for the skimmate locker....

If you werent already tied to apex i would recommend the reef angel which now has a 4 input water level sensor. I have the single version and it's nice to know exactly where the water is instead of just on/off.

Its open source and is probably using i2c so if you want to venture it, you could get the module or build your own (eagle files are available) and figure out how to interact with it directly.

Edited by lnevo

You can reverse the logic of the switch (from normally closed (NC) to normally open (NO)) by opening up the switchbox and connecting the wire to the pin labelled NO (it's on NC).  Pretty simple to do.

(edited)

You can reverse the logic of the switch (from normally closed (NC) to normally open (NO)) by opening up the switchbox and connecting the wire to the pin labelled NO (it's on NC).  Pretty simple to do.

that is pretty fantastic. you'll have an order for quite a few of these and possible the magnetic mounts soon!

either the magnetic mount or maybe even cleaner would be to get some really strong neodymium magnets and epoxy one on the pressure switch and then use another on the outside of the water container for a really slim and clean profile.

thanks for the reply, justin!

Edited by monkiboy