I need some new fish suggestions

miggs76

I have a 60 gallon cube and need to increase the bioload.  My current fish are:

1 mystery wrasse

2 clownfish

1 yelllow watchman goby

1 yellow coral goby

2 anthias

That's 7 total fish, but the coral goby is about the size of my thumbnail so I don't think he even counts.

Any suggestions on adding maybe 2 more fish that will get along with the tankmates above?  Must be peaceful and won't touch my precious corals (lol).  Thanks

Why do you need to increase bio-load? You are asking for coral safe fish but the yellow clown goby you have can sometimes damage the SPS it lives in. Just an FYI.

Some suggestions:

Royal Gramma

Mandarin Dragonet

Blue Gudgeon Dartfish

My water is too clean. I'm feeding 3 times a day now and seeing better colors on my corals. It might be easier to just use fish poo as nutrients. I've had the coral goby for well over a year and never saw him do any damage. Do you think the mandarin would get along with the watchman goby?

I have kept mandarins and watchmen together with no issues that I saw. What about just turning off the skimmer for six hours a day, maybe after you feed the tank? It would save energy and allow floating particles to say in the water longer. That might be better than adding more fish and unbalancing a currently peaceful tank.

yes, this is a good idea too.  I was actually thinking about taking the GFO and carbon offline....not sure yet

why push the limit? the fish selection you have is fine and in proportion to the size of the tank. feed your fish 5 times a day instead of adding more fish. 

Ha!  I wish I didn't have to work for a living a was home enough to feed 5 x a day.  I can get there on the weekends, but 2-3 times on weekdays at most.....

Ha!  I wish I didn't have to work for a living a was home enough to feed 5 x a day.  I can get there on the weekends, but 2-3 times on weekdays at most.....

Eheim Auto Feeder.