ANEMOE DYING, HELP!!

reef addict

Please help, need your advise. Is my anemone dying? Should i remove it now, b4 it release toxin? The othet 3 nems are doing ok, exept for this one.

Appreciate any advice.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Cj,

Can't tell from pics. Is it mouth closed and still sticky? If mouth wide open and mushy flesh then remove it. If sticky and attached to the rock, then leave it be. Sometime they just shrink and melted away with no major affect to the tank. I think it's too small to have any ammonia spike consider the size of your tank. Test your ammonia and do a water change if needed.

Is that pink pulsing sinularia you got from me as a frag? gotten pretty big!

Ya, bro, thats the one u gave me. Its so pretty. Anyway, the nem still attached on d rock, but its closing up and has black spot. So i should not worry yet, as long as still attached on d rock? I'll go ahead and prepare my water, just in case i need to make water change. I will also test my ammonia. Thanks!!

Is there any brown coming from the mouth? I propagated a small nem once, and the smaller of the two got small and shriveled like that every so often. Some more details would help, the pics are hard to make.

It has brown around the mouth and majory of the tentacles became black. I have to hold ot with it to get a clear picture, hope the 2photos givea u clear view.

Posted ImagePosted Image

If it were me I'd take it out and cut my losses. Either that or keep a close eye on it with a big water change on hand.

I may go ahead and remove it. I dont think it will survive. I still have 3, but have to find out d cause, so that i can prevent it. Is it safe to remove now even ot attached to a rock and not release toxin?

Posted Image

If its not falling apart or jelly like it make just be resting....they do this total inflate thing sometimes

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

are you running carbon? what size is the tank? have any been split recently (naturally or manually)? how long has it been in your system? do you feed, if so, how much and when was its last meal?

mouth looks closed! if you don't want to risk then remove it and sent it my way. 

haha - i was about to say the same ;)

one anemone dying in a tank of that size won't cause any changes in water chemistry. they don't have any toxins to release either. I'd suggest leaving it alone and see what happens.

one anemone dying in a tank of that size won't cause any changes in water chemistry. they don't have any toxins to release either. I'd suggest leaving it alone and see what happens.

+1.  Also, they have one hole so they use it to also poop.  If you see brown stuff coming out of the mouth then it's probably just pooping.  But I agree with Rob... just let it be.