Fungus? Virus?

SaltLife

Never had to many issues with fish before. I have two Clarkii who were doing great they just spawned in the tank for the first time, they were introduced to it about 1 month ago. The male has developed what looks like lymphocytosis virus, I'm no expert at identifying problems with fish though. I had quarantined the fish 30 days prior to the being introduced to the tank they are in now.

I looked on this website to try and identify a problem.

Best way i can describe it is that it looks almost like a fungus that is on his gill and side of his body. He is a sneaky little guy and its hard to get pictures of him out of his anemones.

A picture I found that looks similar to my clown and what it has would be here.

It's very hard to get straight answers on the internet regarding fish diseases using google search. So i just want to see if i can tap into some WAMAS knowledge here. I hope i have provided enough info. All parameters are with in tolerance Nitrites are at 10ppm.

What path would be good for treatment?

Edited by SaltLife

Can you tell us if there is any symptoms? Is he scratching his gills or the affected areas on rock work at all? Is he doing anything out of the norm that you would say? How's his appetite, eating good still?

Did you pretreat with anything for those30 days of QT?

Edited by Mattiejay6

It sounds like lympho and I normally just let it run the course like a cold. It is normally brought on by stress or damaged tissue. Make sure water and diet are where they should be and no aggression is happening. 

That's pretty good that they spawned so soon. Is this a reef tank or fish only? Any actual pictures to share?

like dave said, it does sound/look like lympho. interesting to see it on clowns as it seems most common with angles and butterflyfish.

so there is no treatment other than like mentioned to just do your best at keeping all params in check and create the best environment for them.

Guys I'm really sorry about the picture not a great view. I know a lot of these threads get tossed around without pictures or crappy ones like mine. these clarkii's only leave their anemones when either they spawn or eat. haha. I tried today to get some good pics but were nearly all useless and gave up trying. They would just eye me from inside the anemone.

This is a reef tank but still letting the entire system cycle. I'm waiting 90 days but after 30+ days i wanted some life in the system so i put up the anemone tank. It's a 20g long connected to a 100g Rubbermaid sump and a 75g display tank. Anemones have been doing great tons of life already in the tank. I know the clowns argue a little bit but i figured if they have spawned then the sex of the fish has most certainly been determined and any "lethal" fighting would be over with.

Its on the male. This is the best pic i could get it is on his right side. Its the little white spot. Call me crazy but i could have sworn that there was one on his gill as well. Today i only saw on his body that one spot.

20130918_175756_zps48026980.jpg

I have treated with Acriflavine but only if it's a bad case where it could also affect internal organs like the swim bladder. It seemed to help with the lympho and also help with secondary infections.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Kordon_Acriflavine_Disease_Treatment_1oz_Saltwater_Parasite_Medications-Kordon_Novalek-NV37211-FIMEPS-vi.html

Wow never heard of flukes until you mentioned it. I hope it is not because from what little i have read it can lay eggs in the fish or rocks. Not what i want to deal with starting this tank up.

Fish is completely normal in behavior. I will be trying to catch both of these guys in the next few days and FW dip them to be on the safe side. According to the post Sachabballi Posted the individual said that it only transfers fish to fish. Is it safe to say that eggs will not be layed in the tank? I ask because it seems like it would only come back when i put them back into the tank.

Edited by SaltLife