Older Skimmer info?? Parts?

XxTech MoneyxX

That looks like a volute cover on for an Eheim. Maybe a 1262 on a standard 8? Just my guess. I had a similar one years ago and it had an Eheim on it. I assume that you have the collection cup? Does the cup fasten with a twist-lock with an o-ring in the channel on the body part?

Yes sir, this skimmer was given to me by Jamal and he did tell me that the pump I needed was the Eheim 1262.  As for the collection cup... That's what I don't have and I was hoping the Avast Crew would be able to help me out with that part... maybe still have one for it or tell me the best way to get one.

I'm in high hopes of using this skimmer on a 150g FOWLR set up and knowing the specifications  on it would defiantly help out.

The interlock for the cup was custom built by Dan years ago. It's not going to be an off-the-shelf item today. Perhaps Dan can chime in with options. It was a good skimmer. My first experience with Dan's skimmers was a Custom 8 - similar to yours there. It was very easy to dial in and get consistent performance over a long period.

Okay, outstanding sir.  Thank you for chiming in on this post :-)  I hope to hear from him soon :-)  and that's awesome news about the skimmer... I just wish I had the collection cup lol... will see :-)

By the way, Dan really knows how to design a skimmer. So, if it turns out that your best economic option is to get another one (because pumps can be expensive and then there's the cost of all the custom retrofitting), then check out their product line.

(edited)

yeah... Im thinking it could get pricey... I will wait for Dan's post.  Then make a smart decision....

Edited by XxTech MoneyxX

I sent Dan this thread link too.  I didn't realize the cup wasn't there.  That's going to be the hardest part.  As for a pump, you could retrofit the plumbing and put a Sicce PSK1000 on it, which is about the same as a 1262 in terms of air draw, but much less power.

Hi Tony,

The cup and twist lock were hand built in 2007 for that skimmer.  The cost to reproduce the missing parts will exceed the $179 of a CS1 kit which is a better skimmer.  The pump is no problem as I have 1262's on the shelf for replacement parts or the psk1000 can be easily retrofitted to the body.   The missing parts can be reproduced if your interested, although I think money would be better spent on a new and complete skimmer.

Hey Dan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I think it will be smarter to go with a newer skimmer as you have suggested.

As with everything else I have to save up for, I'll add this to the list lol.

Thank you very much for responding!

Hey Dan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I think it will be smarter to go with a newer skimmer as you have suggested.

As with everything else I have to save up for, I'll add this to the list lol.

Thank you very much for responding!

Tony,

I have only had two skimmers, but I can tell you that when I came across my recirc CS1, my life changed. The thing is a beast, and I plan on using it on the 150. There are a ton of skimmers out there, but Avast won't steer you wrong.