Do I need another EB8 for my Apex?

londonloco

I'm trying to convince myself I do NOT need to spend another 160$ for another EB8 for my 60 gallon.  Right now my EB8 is set up like this:

1-white LED's

2-blue LED's

3-empty

4-moonlights

5-heater

6-heater

7-wp25

8-ato

I also have a DJ4 that is set up:

1-ps

2-zeovit reactor

3-return pump

4-stand light

I have one open outlet for the return, and I thought I could move my wp25 to the dj4, giving me an open outlet for my ps, but can not due to the way the plug sits on the board, it would protrude too far and I would be unable to close the stand door.  SO, I only have one open outlet left. 

Which is more important on the controller, the ps or the return pump?  Are both important enough to be controlled that I should buy another EB8 and nix the DJ4?

Thanks all.....

1 splitter for the heaters.

I have my stand light and longest running display light split together. That frees up a port.

What kind of ATO set up are you using?

And unless you have a water on the floor sensor I see no point in a main return pump plugged into the controller.

You could combine the lights onto one outlet.

I have my lights ramping differently, so I'd prefer to keep them on separate outlets. But TY for the suggestion.

1 splitter for the heaters.

I have my stand light and longest running display light split together. That frees up a port.

What kind of ATO set up are you using?

And unless you have a water on the floor sensor I see no point in a main return pump plugged into the controller.

Unless some convinces me otherwise, I'm going with an avast ato using an old style mj400 I have out in the garage. 

I do have an apex ALD but can't seem to find the probe :why:, hopefully it will show up.....

Why do u have two heaters?  I only use one on my 60 gal.  Also, if you plan on using the feed cycle on Apex, the return would make sense on the controller.  

Why do u have two heaters?  I only use one on my 60 gal.  Also, if you plan on using the feed cycle on Apex, the return would make sense on the controller.  

I normally keep 2 small heaters in each tank that requires a heater.  I don't heat tetra or betta tanks, but do need them for my cichlid tanks.  In this reef I have two 100 watt heaters, if one goes bad, hopefully NOT stuck on, I have a back up.  I do have an Apex, but with the DJ4, I can flip a switch to turn them on and off for feeding.  Not as easy as pushing the feed button on the Dashboard tho.  Personally, I hate heaters, why I don't use them on some of my tanks.

You can program the return pump to turn off during feeding cycle, and come back on 5 or 10 or whenever after feeding, same with ps, or I can open the elec board and flip a switch and have to remember to flip the switch back on.  I bought the apex, might as well use it for what it was intended.  I just don't want to add another EB8.  I think I'm going to put both heaters on one outlet, which gives me 2 free outlets, one for the ps and one for the return.  Thanks all!