MP10/40/60 Modes

swimmatte

I'm curious as to what mode everyone uses for their vortech's.  I've always just run the continuous green mode but I've been thinking about trying something different.

If you're ever down my way, I've got my MP40's hooked up to the back of the 150. There is some crushed coral lightly scattered about, and I tried out the different modes yesterday to see what kind of patterns it tossed the substrate in. Pretty cool to see, maybe I should make some videos...

They certainly all do perform a different function. That being said, I just run my tank currently on the long pulse mode.

A long pulse stops for a bit which adds to the sway, before it starts pumping again, IMO. I tried them all when I first got it, and that was the one I liked the most. I didn't even know what it was called until I looked it up.

I believe it is ultimately gonna be determined by your coral choices.

My personal experience for lps and Zoas is reef crest mode turned way down. When I had it about 60 to 70 percent I thought they looked good. I was messing around one day and lowered it to maybe 40% and within 24 hours all my lps and Zoas were almost double the size. Now I'm catering to all my sps so everything else is just gonna have to deal with it.