Pressure wash an aquarium?

Djplus1

I just picked up a Red Sea Max and it's pretty grimy. Any chance it's possible to pressure wash the inside? I have a smaller electric pressure washer, so it's not crazy strong and there are lower power nozzles too. Has anyone done this or am I better off just soaking in vinegar solution all day?

i would not

+1

vin. soak and a glass pad.

No way I would pressure wash any tank....the risk of "peeling back" the silicone is too great. Just my opinion.

I decided against it. scraped some out while hose spraying took 75% of it. Have it soaking in like a gallon of vinegar right now. This thing will look  brand new tomorrow!

And if it doesn't...rinse and repeat...maybe upping the vinegar. How much do most people use anyway? I went crazy on the venegar when I cleaned the tank I have now after picking it up used.

i used 1g and 20g of warm water let it set overnight when it was warm...coralline and all the dead algae scraped off with ease...

in my 50g tank ...also i only filled it half way and covered it with a plastic bag so none of the smell escaped,lol i thing the vinegar condensated in the heat which reallly did all the work...

Oh, by the way. It looks brand spanking new. Finished up  about 3-4 hours ago and worked like a slave in the hot, hot sun to get it done (nice tan, according to the wife) but I managed to git'r done.