I just dropped My light in the water..,:-(

Does Anyone have anything extra? Any size even? Just dropped My white light in. Still running My 48inch t.12. Actinic light. If. Anyone is close to SterlingPark please let me know. I do not have a car or much money at all., please keep that in mind. Please!

It was those small screw.in.socket type compact.flourescent. I think Zoo.med? the reef on/.50.50bulb. The fixture held 2 of them. 2nd time this happened in 3 months. Lol I feel dumb.lol

This?

The reason that I asked is that it's important to remember that you can shock your corals if you replace the lost lights with something that puts out too much without some time for light acclimation. These Zoo Med's don't look like they put out very much seeing how they only draw 10 Watts each. Is this over your 55?

Sorry about the light. I've done that twice myself, and the first time got myself electrocuted.

This?

The reason that I asked is that it's important to remember that you can shock your corals if you replace the lost lights with something that puts out too much without some time for light acclimation. These Zoo Med's don't look like they put out very much seeing how they only draw 10 Watts each. Is this over your 55?

I know, they are directly above the water with a reflector for that reason. I plan on gettin a led light someone told me about in another forum that is only available to members, if I can afford it in time. :) Another reason I.m officially becoming a member this weekend. None the less, a light in My particular setup can be hung and lowered from the ceiling, which I could always and plan no doing now, to prevent such tragedy from happening again in the future.

Sorry about the light. I've done that twice myself, and the first time got myself electrocuted.

Same, I got myself somethin good the first time too.lol fun times.lol :)

Did you actually drop it in or did the wind from your fingers typing away on the keyboard blow it in there?  137 posts in 8 days, holy cow!  :laugh:

Lol, that could.ve been it... Lol. But earlier today after I read a thread about fraging a FilterFan. I decided to go try it since my trigger. Was beginning to munch on them a lil figured it was time. Plus My friend just cleaned up and IS cleaning his 75. Down the street, figured i.d. Hook him up with a frag or 2 and some polyps I had ben fraging., Anywho... While I was doing this the stand next to me fell, I jumped,in the process I pulled My hand out, not thinking, and up .,.

and,.. You know the quote. What goes up, Must come down. And that it did. Into the water, I remembers from last last time right before I stuck My hand in. Reached under, pulled the cord and pulled it out, and threw it out the window, where it remains...

(edited)

feel your pain. I did it with a 72" reefbrite ballast on accident (do ask how lol) but $120 lesson

Ouch, mine is only 40 but Yeha . Could be a quarter of the new led I want. Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

Ok, If nooone has Anything It looks like its back of to the store to get a new Replacement... Lets hope they ( the corals) like only 1 lightBulb instead of 2

(edited)

i have a new par38 LED accent bulb (450nm & 420nm) that puts out about 100 PAR at 10". doesn't sound like you had very much to begin with, though. let me know if you want to borrow or buy it. can you update your profile with your location as well? thanks!

Edited by monkiboy

Forrest, why would you do that twice?

Clumsy I guess. It was a refugium light dunked in the refugium, not a tank light into the tank. The first time, when I got electrocuted, I did not even put my hand in the water, but grabbed the light on it's dry side when it started into the water. he first time, I opened up the light, dried it with the hair dryer, wiped it with alcohol, and dried it again, then I put it back together and used it until the next time it got dunked. Lesson I learned was to not use a light that is small enough to get knocked into the water, or find some way to position it so that it can't possibly fall in.

Clumsy I guess. It was a refugium light dunked in the refugium, not a tank light into the tank. The first time, when I got electrocuted, I did not even put my hand in the water, but grabbed the light on it's dry side when it started into the water. he first time, I opened up the light, dried it with the hair dryer, wiped it with alcohol, and dried it again, then I put it back together and used it until the next time it got dunked. Lesson I learned was to not use a light that is small enough to get knocked into the water, or find some way to position it so that it can't possibly fall in.

Ive learned that true fact now as well