Death ID?

.OptimusPrime.

So I found my male anthia dead this morning. Everything was normal. Params in check and it was eating. It was the biggest fish in my tank aside from my red velvet wrasse which surprisingly I couldn't find either this morning (hopefully still asleep in the sand bed).

Anybody can give me some kind of clue based on the picture? There seems to some red sores around the head which I didnt see or seem to notice last night. The frayed tail fin is also a concern as its the biggest thing in my tank and never saw aggression from any of the other fish. Tail fin was fin last night. Theres also some grey/brown spots along side the tail, which I don't know if they're relevant

to the death or just smudges on the camera.

PcajDew.jpg

Based on his fins and the red marks at the above and behind his gills I would think something was picking on him.  Granted that could be from after he died, but I also agree with Scott, he does look a little skinny.

They have a fast metabolism and small stomachs so it is best if they can be fed two or more times a day is possible. If it was being picked on that would hurt his appetite and cause him to become skinny and weak. The damage could also be from him dying from not eating enough and then a CUC or other fish picking at him.  

The belly area looks really pinched in tight in the photograph.  I agree that he looks undernourished.

That really sucks if he got bullied. He was the biggest thing in my tank aside from the wrasse who is still MIA so it's hard to imagine, but thats why I posted here. I don't know what happens in the tank once the lights are off :(

Thanks for the input!

there is a very good chance he wasn't bullied and that damage happened after death. It looks malnourished....

also wrasses have a reputation for disappearing for a long time and then reemerging...don't panic