2 purple tangs...

ohaverd

At the Petco in Woodbridge.  159.99 each.  Both are nipping at the rocks, but have ick unfortunately.  Someone please save them!  I'm broke...

I hate going in that store anymore. They just keep ordering these huge tangs - I can't imagine them living very long, even if someone does rescue them. It's heartbreaking. I even argued with Helen once because she flat out denied anything was wrong with a baby with HLLE. His face was half gone!

I could go on a huge rant about this store - and as much as we feel they should be saved, what would be best is getting them to stop selling these guys. But I don't know how :why:  I can't even stop myself from going in there.

Actually, there were 3 of them there last night. One was in their coral tank, plus the two in the fish section. They all looked sick with ick...and there are still other fish in the tank with them (3 tanks). Sad...sad

I hate going in that store anymore. They just keep ordering these huge tangs - I can't imagine them living very long, even if someone does rescue them. It's heartbreaking. I even argued with Helen once because she flat out denied anything was wrong with a baby with HLLE. His face was half gone!

I could go on a huge rant about this store - and as much as we feel they should be saved, what would be best is getting them to stop selling these guys. But I don't know how :why:  I can't even stop myself from going in there.

yes and sadly their "answer" to ick is to throw a UV sterilizer in the tank as if that will do any good...

If you properly QT the new fish before introducing it into your display, as you always should, then ich should not be a big concern unless it is really severe and the fish is not eating. A simple hypo or copper treatment would cure him in as little as two weeks. There is no way to really guarantee any new fish doesn't carry ich unless you QT everything.

To me the price would be more of a turn off than the ich. I've seen better pricing from our local vendors.