Euphyllia Eating Flatworms and Treatment (EEFW)

Huly

I'm sorry that you lost the gold one but at least you saved the others from certain death.  I think this was very valuable info you shared here that will save many more Euphyllia. Plus, it reinforced the need to dip everything, not just SPS.

I'm sorry that you lost the gold one but at least you saved the others from certain death.  I think this was very valuable info you shared here that will save many more Euphyllia. Plus, it reinforced the need to dip everything, not just SPS.

Thanks!  We are trying to save them and all the other Euphyllia in our tank.  We did not redip the elegances etc just the torches.

I posted one of the photos of the worms on Tony Varagas facebook page to see if he had any insight since I could not find any scientific data etc.  Well he was out of town and just got back.  His response was " I'm sending this to someone that may be able to help, WOW" so I guess this was a new one for him too. 

Nope nothing on anything else ;)

We dipped all LPS and SPS when we did our first torch dip. We figured better safe than sorry. ;)

Nothing came off any of the others in the bucket like the torches so we assume they are all clean and we saw nothing on anyone else. We did it as a precaution and from advise from others.

Good to know. Aren;t you the lucky one!  Thanks for sharing. Hope everything is still looking good.